SQUAMISH, BC – Woodfibre LNG Limited would like to congratulate the Spring 2017 recipients of the Woodfibre LNG Community Sponsorship Program. The seven recipients are:
Crisis Centre of BC (with Sea to Sky Child and Youth Mental Health Collaborative): $5,000 grant
- Funding for 26 Sea to Sky service providers to have Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), an internationally recognized best practice program.
Safe ‘n Sound Squamish: $1,500 grant
- To support the Safe ‘n Sound lunch program, which provides youth who identify as LGBTQ and their family and friends resources and a safe place to connect at Howe Sound Secondary (one day a week) and Don Ross Middle School (two days a week).
BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities (Easter Seals Camp Squamish): $3,700
- To help fund two children to attend Easter Seals Camp Squamish, one of three Easter Seals Camps in BC that provide a week-long, overnight camp for kids and young adults with physical and/or cognitive disabilities.
3rd Squamish Guides Unit: $1,500 grant
- In support of eight Squamish Guides (ages 8 to 12 years old) who will be attending SOAR 2017 – Spirit of Adventure Rendezvous – a seven day camping adventure in Smithers, BC in July 2017.
Sea to Sky Forestry Centre Society: $2,000 grant
- To fund the production and installation of signage on Floodplain Forest Trail and Smoke Bluffs Viewpoint Trail, as part of the ongoing multi-phase, “Loggers Lane Interpretive Trail,” which celebrates Squamish’s rich forestry history.
Squamish Soccer Association: $5,000
- To support fundraising efforts underway to build a second artificial turf field at Brennan Park.
Howe Sound Minor Ball Association: $5,000
- To help fund the purchase of new equipment, uniforms, and player and coaching development programs.
“The goal of the Community Sponsorship Program is to support groups and events that focus on youth education and sport, and environmental initiatives,” said Byng Giraud, Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Country Manager, Woodfibre LNG Limited. “These are all very worthy recipients and we are proud to continue to support the groups and events that make Squamish such a special place to live and work.”
The Community Sponsorship Program is just one part of Woodfibre LNG Limited’s commitment to give back to the local community. Since 2013, Woodfibre LNG has contributed more than $650,000 (including through the Community Sponsorship Program grants) to groups and events that help make Squamish such a vibrant community.
To apply, community groups are encouraged to visit woodfibrelng.ca, where criteria and the application form can be found. Applications for the next round of funding will be accepted until September 30, 2017.
About Woodfibre LNG Limited
The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre Pulp Mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG. Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited, which is part of the Singapore-based RGE group of companies.