The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Through strategic partnerships with hiring managers and in accordance with company policies and legislation, the Recruiter will be responsible for managing the complete recruitment cycle – from developing job descriptions and sourcing of candidates; to the onboarding of the successful applicant. The Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we hire the best possible talent.
The Recruiter will be responsible for providing full-cycle recruitment services – including working with the business, third party agencies, universities/colleges, and the Human Resources team to develop recruitment plans and strategies for new graduates, technical experts, and experienced professionals. This role will be situated in Vancouver or Squamish and will be responsible for recruiting personnel for various locations across the company.
The successful candidate will play an essential part in building a positive employer brand for Woodfibre LNG to ensure we attract, hire and retain the most qualified talent in the business.
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting processes, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate and hiring team experience.
- Work with Hiring Managers and HR to identify talent requirements, job specifications, qualifications, and skills required to fill new and replacement roles. Cultivate strong working relationships with Hiring Managers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business strategy to ensure that recruitment is tailored to meet the requirements.
- Provide advice and coaching to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Act as the subject matter expert on issues regarding the recruitment process, candidate markets, and competitive intelligence.
- Design and drive a great candidate experience from the initial attraction of candidates to hire or turn-down stage. Act as the single point of contact for candidates throughout the recruiting process.
- Conduct interviews to qualify candidates for technical and cultural fit.
- Build candidate pipelines for frequently recruited positions and maintain applicant engagement.
- Own, drive and promote the employee referral program.
- Deliver cost-effective recruitment strategies that ensure our ability to proactively identify and recruit top talent in a highly competitive employment market without being excessively reliant on external agencies.
- Work with HR to manage the effective recruitment of vendors, negotiate best search rates and evaluate service levels.
- Work with the HR team to negotiate and finalize offer details and ensure a consistent and successful onboarding process for new hires.
- Ensure standardized processes, policies and templates are utilized.
- Work on process improvements for talent acquisition based on feedback from the business.
- Track relevant metrics and prepare recruitment reports.
- Minimum of 7 years full-cycle recruitment experience in the oil and gas, heavy industrial construction, engineering, and other construction-centric work.
- Experience with high volume recruitment in an EPC/M environment -with a focus on Engineering and Construction positions is a definite asset.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred.
- A registered Professional Recruiter accreditation would be considered an asset but not required.
- Experience recruiting for a contract workforce would be considered an asset.
- Proven track record of delivering on large volume recruiting within stringent timelines.
- Ability to develop a high level of trust with internal clients and execute hiring priorities.
- Well-versed in online posting across websites and job boards. LinkedIn Recruiter training is preferred but not required.
- Resourceful, high attention to detail, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office or Squamish but will involve occasional travel within BC and the USA.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Recruiter.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, Woodfibre LNG continues to work on a hybrid work model. Employees have the flexibility to work from home but will be required to attend meetings and events within the office and/or site as and when required and on an as-needed basis.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.