The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site. It would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG (WLNG) is seeking a Quality Engineer to champion its quality management program during the detailed design and Floating Storage Tank (FST) conversion/fabrication phase of the project. The successful candidate reports directly to the Quality Manager and will play a part in supporting the company’s project team through the fabrication phase of the project.
This position will require the individual to function with minimal supervision and be proactive in ensuring quality in all spheres. The role will require close interaction with the company’s Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and FST fabrication execution teams to ensure the successful execution of the company’s Quality Management program.
The successful candidate will:
- Be the quality focal point for FST Conversion activities.
- Manage and guide the QA/QC activities during the execution of the FST Conversion work in a manner that achieves the project quality requirements within the Quality Standards, Cost, and Schedule targets set by the company.
- Ensure that all actions, works, and services undertaken by the contractor and FST Yard(s) are in accordance with the respective Contractual Agreement.
- Assess fabrication/installation work process and work product verification (e.g. perform QC surveillance, participate in Mechanical Completion process, and monitor specification deviations).
- Prepare fabrication-related quality system management documentation.
- Identify trends, assist and work with the contractor to minimize non-conformance situations.
- Implement the company’s Execution Assurance program at FST yard(s) in accordance with the project specifications and procedures.
- Monitor quality control performance, coordinate project quality metrics and reporting, and provide quality metrics as requested by the Quality Manager.
- Monitor the FST conversion work independently to ensure job compliance per project specifications.
- Provide technical guidance to the company’s inspection personnel as required.
- Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system, propose recommendations and implement improvements.
- Conduct Quality surveillance audits during module fabrication with timely management reporting.
- Ensure that QA/QC culture is visible across all projects at all levels.
- Provide inputs to the collection of Lessons Learned for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent with 10 + years of experience in a quality management position on capital construction projects in the oil/gas industry.
- Experience in shipyard and module yard fabrication in China and Asia-Pacific region.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing project quality systems that meet the requirements of ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems.
- Experience in large-scale capital projects, including FST Conversion, by performing regular audits and critical inspections as and when required.
- Ability to facilitate workshops to lead the project team through developing project quality procedures and programs.
- Has demonstrated strong Quality Assurance competence.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment in national and international team environments.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Previous experience with Canadian standards is preferred.
- Expertise in Welding, NDT systems and ISO auditing is preferred.
- Have good computer and communication skills.
- The position will be initially based in the EPC contractor’s office in Houston, then transferring to FST Yard(s) in the Asia-Pacific region. In addition, travel may be to other fabrication locations in Asia-Pacific and the company’s Vancouver Office.
- Ability to work in the USA and be willing to relocate to Asia-Pacific.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- This role will be a combination of office and site-based functions.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Quality Engineer – FST Fabrication.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, due to the high volume of applicants and to ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased – we will only contact those we intend to interview.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.