The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is looking for an Accountant based in our Vancouver office. In the role of Accountant, you will collect and maintain financial data, ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with lawful and accepted procedures and policies, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accounting diploma/certificate or CPA student with minimum 4 years’ experience is required
- Experience in industry/manufacturing organization would be an asset
- Experience with consolidation is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS is required
- Experience with SAP or similar computerized accounting systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; excellent spreadsheet capabilities
- Attention to detail and quick learner
- Highly organized, with effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- The successful applicant will:
- Review accounts payable invoices to verify approval and contract alignment
- Prepare invoices for accounts receivable
- Coding and posting accounting documents
- Maintain accounting tracking worksheets and schedules
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Reconcile general ledger and adjust misstated transactions
- Initiate payments to vendors
- Maintain and file accounting documents and records
- Assist to prepare financial reports and consolidated financial statements
- Assist to prepare ETR report and tax returns
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Accountant.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is an equal opportunity employer.