*Thank you to all spring/summer 2021 applicants – this program is now closed. Stay tuned for our fall/winter 2021 program launch. More details on how to apply will be available soon!*
Woodfibre LNG donated $65,000 to 23 local non-profits in Squamish over the summer of 2021 as part of the company’s Community Sponsorship Program. This marks the largest total amount donated to the most organizations in the history of the program.
Woodfibre LNG was able to provide funding to 23 Squamish organizations including:
- Axemen Rugby Club
- BC SPCA Sea to Sky
- Camp My Way
- Crisis Centre of British Columbia
- Easter Seals BC Yukon (BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities)
- École Squamish Elementary
- Hilltop House Support Society
- Sea to Sky Community Services
- Sea to Sky Hospice Society
- Second Chance Cheekye Ranch
- Skate Sea2Sky Club
- Squamish Connector
- Squamish General Hospital Auxiliary Society
- Squamish Minor Hockey Association
- Squamish Nature Learners
- Squamish Seniors Centre Society
- Squamish Youth Soccer Association
- Team Squamish Cycling
- The Squamish Hospital Foundation
- The Squamish Historical Society
- Whistler Adaptive Sports Program Society
- Young Life Squamish
To receive a grant, the group/individual must be based in Squamish-Lillooet Regional District and/or must deliver programs in the community.
Groups will be considered ineligible for the Community Sponsorship Program if they are:
- Third party fundraisers
- Seeking goodwill advertising, travel expenses, retroactive requests, seminars
- Not located in Squamish Lillooet Regional District
To apply for funding, please fill out our Woodfibre LNG Community Sponsorship Program Grant Application below. Applications will be reviewed by a Community Sponsorship Committee, which will consist of Woodfibre LNG employees. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Community Sponsorship grants will be distributed and announced semi-annually.