The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Senior Project Engineer is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s project management team. You will lead and oversee portions of the engineering, procurement and construction project, ensure compliance with the project’s legal and contractual environmental requirements, and contribute to Woodfibre LNG’s enduring dedication to corporate social responsibility. The successful candidate reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will be essential in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team.
The successful applicant will:
- Interface with WLNG project disciplines and contractors to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Provide project management, including interface with customers and the development of project scope, schedule forecasting, and budgets.
- Be comfortable with a broad general management role, collaborating with and guiding multiple disciplines when required.
- Identify and quantify risks that may impact the project; input into the project risk register.
- Establish working relationships with stakeholders within the company, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and service providers.
- Identify and incorporate lessons learned into the project lessons learned register.
- Review and comment on crucial contractor plans, procedures, schedules and cost reports.
- Monitor contractor performance for compliance with contract requirements.
- Support contractor HAZOP, model reviews and supplier kick-off meetings.
- Monitor supplier and subcontractor performance and deliveries for work scopes executed directly by the company.
- Communicate critical project information and status to internal and external stakeholders.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Promote WLNG H&S culture by leading by example in relation to Environmental H&S policies and procedures and understand your obligations and responsibilities as it relates to applicable H&S Acts and Regulations.
- Enforce WLNG H&S policies and procedures, encourage safe work practices, correct unsafe acts or conditions, and conduct formal and informal workplace inspections.
- Immediately respond to, investigate and take action on reports of unsafe conditions and behaviours.
- BS Degree in Engineering (minimum)
- A licensed Professional Engineer is desirable.
- 10 + years of experience in major capital projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
- 5 + years experience in LNG major capital projects preferred.
- Strong project execution experience working in both Client and Contractor organizations
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform effectively under minimal supervision
- Ability to solve technical problems as they arise and decide how a problem’s solution will impact the immediate problem and the system.
- Regularly shift between planned and unplanned activities while remaining effective despite the resulting disruptive effects.
- Proven capability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet established deadlines while managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form – this includes the ability to interact with peers effectively, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors.
- Strong written communication abilities, including good spelling and grammar, are essential for this position.
- Willingness to relocate to the agreed location for a given duration, if required, to support engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning
- Willingness to see the project through to completion and handover to Operations
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Navisworks, Adobe Acrobat)
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- The position is based in the EPC contractor’s office in the Energy Corridor of West Houston, TX, with travel to Vancouver, BC, Squamish, BC (project site) and others, as required.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Senior Project Engineer.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.