The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Supervisor – Marine is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. Your role is crucial in overseeing and managing various aspects of the LNG project’s marine operations and construction activities. LNG construction projects involve the development of facilities for liquefying, storing, and loading natural gas in its liquid state. The successful candidate reports directly to the Project Manager – Offshore and will play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the construction phase of the project.
The successful applicant will:
- Marine Operations Oversight: You will be responsible for supervising and coordinating all marine-related activities during the construction phase. This includes ensuring compliance with safety regulations, environmental standards, and project specifications.
- Construction Planning: Review construction plans and schedules related to marine facility installation, including LNG terminals, floating storage tank mooring system, module lifts.
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE): Enforce strict HSE protocols to guarantee the safety of personnel and marine ecosystems during construction activities. Implement emergency response plans and risk mitigation strategies.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC): Oversee QA/QC procedures to ensure that marine construction work meets project standards, design specifications, and industry best practices.
- Contract Management: Work with contractor to ensure that marine construction activities adhere to contractual agreements, budgets, and timelines.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay informed about relevant regulations and permits required for marine construction in the project location. Ensure that all marine operations are compliant with local, national, and international regulations.
- Budget and Cost Control: Monitor marine construction activities and provide input on invoicing and budget forecasting. Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising safety and quality.
- Stakeholder Communication: Collaborate with project management, client representatives, and other stakeholders to provide updates on marine construction progress, challenges, and solutions.
- Procurement Support: Assist in the bid review process by providing technical input on marine equipment, materials, and services required for the LNG construction project.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks related to marine construction activities and develop mitigation strategies to prevent or address any issues that may arise.
- A bachelor’s degree in marine engineering, naval architecture, civil engineering, or a related field.
- Substantial experience in marine construction and installation projects, with a focus on LNG facilities and terminal operations.
- Knowledge of marine construction methods, materials, and equipment.
- Understanding of international codes, standards, and regulations related to marine construction and LNG facilities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively interface with a diverse team and liaise with various stakeholders.
- Problem-solving abilities to handle unforeseen challenges during marine construction.
- Working as a Marine Supervisor in LNG construction can be demanding but highly rewarding, as you play a vital role in contributing to the development of clean energy infrastructure and global energy supply.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs such as Office 365, MS Teams, DocuSign etc.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site).
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.