Woodfibre LNG Limited is proposing to build a 2.1 mtpa liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant and export facility at the former Woodfibre pulp mill site, on the west side of Howe Sound, seven kilometers southwest of Squamish, British Columbia (about a 1 hour drive north of Vancouver and accessible only by water).
The Woodfibre LNG plant is based on proven liquefaction technology with electrical motor (≈50 MW) driven refrigerant compressors, process compressors and pumps both in cryogenic and other services (there are no gas turbines). The Woodfibre LNG Facility will be modularized to the maximum reasonable extent with rotating equipment located within the modules. Remaining rotating equipment will be packaged or skid mounted.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is seeking a multi discipline and responsible Site Supervisor, based on our site in Squamish, to support the ongoing maintenance and operation of the WLNG site, which include Power House Generation, Leachate Plant operations and affiliated support site structures.
- Perform daily checks on Leachate Plant/Temp Plant and make required adjustments to equipment or materials as required to ensure environmental compliance
- Perform and monitor daily checks and complete required records and data on Power House Generator (1.6MW)
- Repair and perform water intake cleaning and maintenance work as required for both Woodfibre Creek/Mill Creek intake and flume water delivery systems
- Operate site equipment, after required certification and training, such as skid steer, elevated work platform, general light trucks and telehandler forklift
- Respond to emergency situations at site in the event of incident affecting site operations/ security as required
- General site duties such as waste removal, snow clearing, lawn mowing, fueling for gas- diesel, and maintenance of general light repairs as required
- Safety compliance to WLNG Occupational Health and Safety Program for all aspects of the work to be performed during maintenance/operational duties
- Ensure compliance to WLNG Environmental Management Plans for leachate discharge, effluent, waste water, etc.
- Perform and participate in WLNG safety culture programs as a leader overseeing duties and monitoring contractor’s performance
- Attend and participate in daily tools box , daily plans and shutdowns
- Complete required daily reporting and records as required for monitoring and auditing compliance
- Attend all required training courses and certifications related to ongoing and new works
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in construction with B.C Inter-provincial electrical certification and ability to obtain FSR-A ticket (Master Electrician)
- High Voltage experience is an asset
- Certified to operate on site equipment such as forklift, skid steer, power and hand tools specific to the site operations
- Trained in confined space, Work at Height, First Aid and Incident Command
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be flexible to work split shifts and overtime as required to support maintenance and operational requirements
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Site Supervisor.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada, and preferably based in Squamish, will be contacted.
About the Company:
At Woodfibre LNG, we are always on the lookout for talent who is as passionate as us in what we do!
We are establishing a new business venture within the Canadian natural gas and LNG export industry. With offices in Vancouver and Squamish, we are currently focusing on the development of a small-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) processing and export facility, located approximately seven kilometres southwest of Squamish, British Columbia – The Woodfibre LNG Project. It is currently anticipated that the Project could export approximately two million tonnes of LNG per year, which is about one-tenth of the anticipated volume of some of the large LNG projects proposed for northern B.C. More details of the project can be found at http://www.woodfibrelngproject.ca
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.