The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Supervisor – Piping is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will be responsible for overseeing the installation, maintenance, and repair of piping systems in LNG facilities that typically include liquefaction plants, regasification terminals, storage tanks, and associated infrastructure involved in the processing and transportation of LNG. Your role is critical in ensuring piping projects’ successful and safe completion within LNG facilities. The successful candidate reports directly to the Area Construction Manager and will play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- Supervise the installation of piping systems according to project specifications, engineering drawings, and industry standards. This includes ensuring the correct materials and procedures are used for various piping components.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the integrity and safety of the piping systems. Conducting inspections and tests to identify any defects or non-compliance issues.
- Enforce strict adherence to safety guidelines and regulations to prevent accidents and ensure a safe working environment for the construction team.
- Coordinate with the project manager and other departments to meet construction timelines. Monitoring progress and addressing any delays or obstacles during the piping installation.
- Oversee the handling, storage, and usage of piping materials on-site. This includes tracking inventory and ensuring that suitable materials are available when needed.
- Lead and supervise a team of pipe fitters, welders, and other workers involved in the piping construction process. Providing guidance and support to ensure efficient and effective work execution.
- Identify and resolve any technical issues related to piping systems promptly. Collaborating with engineers and other stakeholders to find solutions to complex problems.
- Maintain accurate records of piping activities, inspections, and tests for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Ensure that all piping-related construction activities are carried out with minimal environmental impact and that environmental regulations are strictly followed.
- Assist in the training and development of piping construction personnel to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A strong background in mechanical engineering, with a focus on piping systems.
- Previous experience supervising piping construction projects, preferably in the LNG or oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and codes related to piping, such as ASME B31.3 and API 1104.
- Familiarity with LNG facility construction processes and safety protocols.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and project plans.
- Experience in construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and handover of large-scale tanks.
- Experience dealing with OEMs, consultants, contractors and other relevant third parties, particularly contractor oversight.
- Knowledge of QA/QC procedures for Tank Piping construction and repair.
- Contractual and procurement knowledge.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with various computer programs such as Office 365, MS Teams, DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.