The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Supervisor – Marine is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. Your role is crucial in overseeing and managing various aspects of the LNG project’s marine operations and construction activities. LNG construction projects typically involve the development of facilities for liquefying, storing, and transporting natural gas in its liquid state. The successful candidate reports directly to the Area Construction Manager and will support the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- Marine Operations Oversight: You will supervise and coordinate all marine-related activities during construction. Includes ensuring safety regulations, environmental standards, and project specifications compliance.
- Construction Planning: Collaborate with engineering and construction teams to develop construction plans and schedules related to marine facilities, including LNG terminals, jetties, mooring systems, and loading/unloading infrastructure.
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE): Enforce strict HSE protocols to guarantee the safety of personnel and marine ecosystems during construction activities. Implement emergency response plans and risk mitigation strategies.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC): Oversee QA/QC procedures to ensure marine construction work meets project standards, design specifications, and industry best practices.
- Contract Management: Work with contractors, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure that marine construction activities adhere to contractual agreements, budgets, and timelines.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay informed about relevant regulations and permits required for marine construction in the project location. Ensure all maritime operations comply with local, national, and international regulations.
- Budget and Cost Control: Monitor marine construction costs and provide input on budget forecasting. Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising safety and quality.
- Stakeholder Communication: Collaborate with project management, client representatives, and other stakeholders to provide updates on marine construction progress, challenges, and solutions.
- Procurement Support: Assist in procurement by providing technical input on marine equipment, materials, and services required for the LNG construction project.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks related to marine construction activities and develop mitigation strategies to prevent or address any issues that may arise.
- A bachelor’s degree in marine engineering, naval architecture, civil engineering, or a related field.
- Substantial experience in marine construction projects, with a focus on LNG facilities and terminal operations.
- Knowledge of marine construction methods, materials, and equipment used in LNG projects.
- Understanding of international codes, standards, and regulations related to marine construction and LNG facilities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage a diverse team and liaise with various stakeholders.
- Problem-solving abilities to handle unforeseen challenges during marine construction.
- Proficiency in project management software and relevant tools for scheduling, reporting, and documentation.
- Working as a Marine Supervisor in LNG construction can be demanding but highly rewarding, as you play a vital role in developing clean energy infrastructure and global energy supply.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with various computer programs such as Office 365, MS Teams, DocuSign, etc.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site).
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.