The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Supervisor – Instrument is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. Your role would ensure the successful installation, testing, and maintenance of all instrumentation systems used in the LNG facility. LNG plants are highly complex and require precise monitoring and control to ensure safe and efficient operations. It is essential for the safe and efficient operation of the facility. Your expertise and leadership will ensure that all instrumentation systems are installed, tested, and maintained to the highest standards to support the LNG plant’s overall success. The successful candidate reports directly to the Area Construction Manager and will be essential in helping the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- Supervising Instrumentation Team: You would oversee a team of instrumentation technicians and specialists. Your role involves delegating tasks, coordinating work schedules, and providing guidance and support to ensure the team’s efficiency and productivity.
- Installation and Calibration: Overseeing the installation, configuration, and calibration of various instrumentation devices, such as pressure gauges, temperature sensors, flow meters, level transmitters, and control valves, ensuring that instruments are accurately calibrated for precise measurements and control.
- Testing and Commissioning: Coordinating with the engineering and commissioning teams to test and commission instrumentation systems.
- Verify that all instruments are functioning correctly and properly integrated into the overall control system.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensuring that all instrumentation systems comply with safety standards, industry regulations, and environmental requirements.
- Identifying potential safety hazards and implementing measures to mitigate risks.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Developing and executing maintenance strategies for instrumentation systems to ensure optimal performance and reliability. Troubleshooting and resolving issues with instruments and control systems as they arise.
- Documentation: Maintaining detailed records of all instrumentation activities, including installation reports, calibration data, maintenance logs, and safety assessments, ensuring that all documentation is up-to-date and easily accessible for audits and reference.
- Quality Assurance: Implementing quality assurance procedures to verify that all instrumentation work meets project specifications and industry standards.
- Coordination with other Departments: Collaborating with other departments, such as engineering, operations, and procurement, to ensure smooth communication and coordination throughout the project.
- Training and Development: Provide training and development opportunities to your team members, helping them enhance their skills and knowledge in instrumentation technology.
- Continuous Improvement: Identifying areas for improvement in instrumentation systems and processes and implementing necessary changes to optimize efficiency and reliability.
- Emergency Response: Being prepared to respond to emergencies and guiding your team in handling critical instrumentation issues during emergencies.
- A degree or diploma in instrumentation, electronics, electrical engineering, or a related field is typically required.
- Prior experience as an instrument technician or in a related supervisory role within the oil and gas industry, particularly in LNG or other energy projects, is highly valuable.
- Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) from the International Society of Automation (ISA).
- Certified Instrumentation and Control Technician (CICT) from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
- Certified Measurement Verification Professional (CMVP) from the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) for those involved in metering and verification.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) or other relevant safety training can be essential.
- Possess basic project management skills, including scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination with other departments.
- Experience with industry codes and standards, such as the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), American Petroleum Institute (API), and American National Standards Institute (ANSI), is crucial for compliance.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with various computer programs such as Office 365, MS Teams, DocuSign, and Adobe Acrobat. Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.