The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Supervisor – Electrical is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. Your role would be critical in ensuring the project’s successful installation, maintenance, and operation of electrical systems. LNG construction projects involve complex electrical infrastructure, safety protocols, and adherence to industry standards. To excel in this role, you will need a strong background in electrical engineering, experience in construction management, and a comprehensive understanding of electrical systems used in LNG projects. The successful candidate reports directly to the Area Construction Manager and will play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- You will oversee the installation, testing, and commissioning of various electrical systems, including power distribution, lighting, motor control centers, switchgear, and instrumentation.
- Ensuring all electrical work is carried out strictly with safety regulations and guidelines is paramount. You will enforce safety measures and protocols to protect workers and the project’s integrity.
- Collaborate with the project management team to create and execute project plans, including scheduling and resource allocation for electrical activities. This involves coordinating with other departments and subcontractors to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Maintain high standards of electrical workmanship and ensure that all installations meet quality requirements. Conduct regular inspections and tests to identify and rectify any issues promptly.
- Should any electrical issues arise, you will need to diagnose and resolve them quickly to minimize downtime and potential delays.
- Oversee the procurement, storage, and usage of electrical materials and equipment. This includes inventory management and tracking to ensure no delays due to shortages.
- Provide regular progress reports to the project management team, highlighting achievements, challenges, and any deviations from the original plan.
- Supervise and lead a team of electrical workers, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure they carry out their tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure all electrical work aligns with contract specifications and relevant electrical codes and standards.
- LNG construction projects often have environmental implications, so you should be mindful of environmentally friendly practices and compliance with environmental regulations.
- Oversee the commissioning process of electrical systems to ensure they are operational and integrated into the overall project successfully.
- Maintain detailed records of electrical work performed, including inspections, tests, and approvals.
- An Electrical Engineering Technology diploma, an engineering degree, or Red Seal certification in electrical and instrumentation.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of controls, PLCs/DCS systems, AC and DC drives, instrumentation, power systems and distribution equipment.
- Familiarity with LNG facility construction processes and safety protocols.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and project plans.
- Experience in construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and handover of large-scale tanks.
- Experience dealing with OEMs, consultants, contractors and other relevant third parties, particularly contractor oversight.
- Contractual and procurement knowledge.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with various computer programs, Office 365, MS Teams etc.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site).
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.