The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Project Engineer – Marine is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. Your role would involve managing and overseeing various engineering aspects of projects related to LNG facilities, such as LNG terminals, liquefaction plants, and regasification terminals. Your responsibilities would encompass the project design, construction, commissioning, and operational phases. The successful candidate reports directly to the Site Construction Manager and will support the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- Develop comprehensive plans for LNG projects, including budgeting, resource allocation, and scheduling. Collaborate with stakeholders, clients, and team members to set project objectives and define project scope.
- Work on the engineering design and technical specifications of LNG facilities. This includes the terminal layout, process systems, cryogenic storage tanks, marine infrastructure, and safety systems.
- Ensure that all engineering designs and construction adhere to relevant safety, environmental, and regulatory standards set by local and international governing bodies.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to select appropriate vendors and equipment for the project. Oversee suppliers’ quality and delivery of equipment, materials, and services.
- Supervise the project’s construction phase, ensuring that construction activities align with the approved designs, schedules, and safety protocols. Address any issues or challenges that arise during construction.
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure all engineering works meet the required standards and specifications. Conduct inspections and audits to verify compliance.
- Identify potential risks throughout the project lifecycle and develop risk mitigation strategies to minimize negative impacts on the project.
- Oversee the commissioning and start-up of LNG facilities. This involves testing and verifying all systems and equipment before the facility becomes operational.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including engineering reports, progress reports, and technical specifications.
- Promote a strong safety culture throughout the project, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and best practices to protect personnel, the environment, and assets.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders, including clients, contractors, regulatory authorities, and team members, to provide project updates, address concerns, and ensure smooth project execution.
- Work with the Site Quality Manager to ensure that the project meets the quality objectives.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing.
- Provide construction engineering input to the Project Completion Report.
- Provide technical evaluation of bid proposals.
- A degree in Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 -10 years experience in oil and gas, heavy industrial construction, engineering, and other construction-centric work.
- Relevant experience in project management and engineering within the LNG industry.
- Knowledge of LNG processes, cryogenic systems, marine structures, and safety protocols.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and codes.
- Familiarity with LNG facility construction processes and safety protocols.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and project plans.
- Experience in construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and handover of large-scale tanks.
- Experience dealing with OEMs, consultants, contractors and other relevant third parties, particularly contractor oversight.
- Knowledge of QA/QC procedures for Tank Piping construction and repair.
- Contractual and procurement knowledge.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with various computer programs such as Office 365, MS Teams, DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.