The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is seeking a Site Project Controls Specialist to report directly to the Project Construction Manager at its Site near Squamish, BC. The position will receive functional guidance from the Project Services Manager located in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will manage all Canadian-based project controls activities, including cost control, cost estimating, planning, budgeting, change management, and forecasting. The candidate will also manage the reporting of WLNG’s Early Works, Pre-construction Works (PCW) and Pipeline Project until the contracts close out.
The Site Project Controls Specialist’s will:
- Be accountable for all project cost control, cost estimating, planning, budgeting, change management, forecasting and reporting and forecasting for site and pipeline contracts.
- Prepare weekly site project reports and issues on time.
- Prepare monthly cost reports input to PMT Houston for incorporation into PMT Monthly Reports ensuring the accuracy of actual costs, commitments, trends, forecasting and contingency.
- Provide input and updates to the project-integrated schedule.
- Provide input and updates to the project risk register; identify and mitigate risks related to potential impacts on scope, cost and schedule.
- Prepare contracts, project closeout costs and schedule reports.
- Prepare site change order requests and manage change management for site contracts.
- Monitor Contractor’s and Suppliers’ plans, schedules, cost control and cost estimating plans, procedures and associated activities, including change management and reporting for site contracts.
- Develop and maintain project work breakdown structure (WBS) and cost breakdown structure (CBS) in alignment with overall project cost management integration.
- Participate in project reviews—audits, and workshops, as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 20+ years of project experience in major capital projects in the oil and gas industry, LNG project experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience in planning, cost engineering, controls with heavy budgeting, cost forecasting, change management, cost estimating, scheduling and risk management.
- At least 5+ years of direct supervisory experience.
- Experience working on at least one $500 MM USD EPC lump sum project in the execution phase in a Project Controls Cost or Planner Lead role.
- Team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects), Primavera planning software and other specialized cost software packages, as required.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-company environments.
- The position is based at a site in Squamish, BC, with occasional travel to the Vancouver and PMT Houston offices for meetings, reviews, workshops, etc., as deemed necessary by the Project Construction Manager.
- In carrying out the role, travel relocation and travel will be required.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.