The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Procurement Specialist is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will have direct responsibility for procurement and contracting support for the Pre-Construction, Regulatory, HSSE and Site Maintenance groups. You will be conducting full life-cycle procurement and contracting activities, from planning and strategy to award and ongoing maintenance and renewals for materials and services. You will further be a key liaison for Woodfibre LNG, supporting various indigenous engagement programs and an ambassador for the company to the local supply community. The successful candidate will report directly to the Procurement & Contracts Manager and be located at the Woodfibre LNG site near Squamish, British Columbia.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead all procurement and contracting activities in support of client needs – Understand internal needs and external market, develop go-to-market recommendations and execute commitments using established procedures and standard documents/forms.
- Analyze suitability of potential suppliers following company vendor qualification criteria. Maintain records of approved, current and potential suppliers by commodity or service.
- Develop and lead formal Requests for Proposals for long-term commitments and sizable purchases.
- Performs pre-bid and pre-award meetings.
- Analyzes suitability of bids dependent on time constraints, cost and quality assurance.
- Prepares bid evaluations and seeks appropriate approvals of awards.
- Monitor and report on the status of procurement and contract completion for activities of the team members you are supporting.
- Supplier Performance Management – ongoing support of contract management plans and the coordination of managing key performance indicators.
- External Stakeholder Engagement – Lead interactions and manage deliverables with key external stakeholders related to procurement & contract planning and activities.
- +5 years of supply chain functional experience or working knowledge of procurement & contracts systems, including working with external suppliers and contractors.
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions and procurement activity in the Canadian marketplace.
- Procurement/supply chain Undergraduate degree and professional certification are desirable.
- Previous exposure to oil and gas industry projects/operations is an asset.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office).
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- The position is based in Squamish, with travel as required to the WLNG Vancouver Office, EPC contractor’s office in Houston and others.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Site Procurement Specialist.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.