The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG (WLNG) is seeking a Project Engineer – Civil Demolition. The candidate will lead and manage hazard assessments, scoping and detailed planning, and demolition execution of several buildings and facilities within the Woodfibre LNG site. The successful candidate will report directly to the Pre-Construction Works Project Manager and play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team. This role is a one-year termed employment.
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure safety and compliance to WLNG’s Occupational Health and Safety programs; promote an authentic HSE culture, actively support the development of safe work plans, JHA, reporting, corrective actions, etc.
- Ensure compliance with WLNG’s Environmental Management Plans while ensuring contractors meet permit requirements set forth by stakeholders, environmental agencies, and the Squamish district.
- Support QA/QC requirements and work with PMT Quality Management.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of engineering consultants and the scope assigned to the contractor by the PCW Project Manager.
- Coordinate field queries (RFI, technical questions) and scope out changes with the PM Site Management, Engineering, Project Controls, and Regulatory & Permitting teams.
- Support Site Procurement/Subcontracts teams in developing technical/construction documentation for bidding, technical evaluations, and contract awards.
- Review and verify contractor invoices related to the scope of work overseen.
- Provide information to PMT Project Controls in Houston, as required, for contractor cost and progress reporting/forecasts and change management.
- Support site operations, emergency response, and incident management activities.
- Provide support for the remaining early works scopes of work.
- Provide support for the existing electrical infrastructure as needed.
- Must be flexible to work split shifts, overtime, and weekends as required to support maintenance and construction schedules.
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with a Bachelor of Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technologist with Demolition Planning and Management experience.
- Minimum of 5 -10 years experience in oil and gas, heavy industrial construction, engineering, and other construction-centric work.
- Attend all required training courses and certifications related to ongoing and new works.
- Specific training will be provided by – WLNG as required in confined space, work at height, first aid and incident command.
- Willing to comply with WLNG’s drug-free and harassment-free work environment and all safety policies and procedures.
- Have good organizational and communication skills working in a team environment.
- Squamish Area residents are preferred (candidates who live locally within 30 minutes-1hr drive).
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be comfortable with a Marine-type environment as the site is remote (travel daily by boat only and is approximately 7km from Squamish).
- This role will be a combination of an office site-based role.
- The position is based at our site in Squamish, BC. There may be occasional travel to a local engineering office in the Vancouver area, the EPC contractor’s office in Houston, or the Company’s Vancouver office.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Project Engineer – Civil Demolition.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.