The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Plant Manager will lead a team of professionals responsible for the pre-commissioning and then post-commissioning operations of the Woodfibre LNG (WLNG) plant. Initially, the Plant Manager will work with our teams as well as our EPC and contractors in the design, development, construction and then commissioning of the plant. Secondly, upon successful commissioning and pass over of the plant from our EPC to our Operations teams, the Plant Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the plant. The Plant Manager will be based in Houston for the first 12-18 months before relocating to Vancouver or Squamish during construction.
During the initial phase of commissioning of the facility, the focus will include:
- Initial hiring of all positions for Plant operations’ readiness, start-up and operations.
- Developing the WLNG Operations Plan, including project support through commissioning, start-up and continuous operations and maintenance for the entire lifecycle of the asset.
- Build the Operations organization, including staffing, plans, procedures, offices, warehousing, procurement, etc.
- Provide project execution support through an Operational Readiness Assurance program ensuring all aspects of the LNG Facility are ready for commissioning and start-up per the project schedule.
- Providing coaching, training and development opportunities for the team to ensure appropriate skill sets are achieved and maintained.
- Implementation and scheduling of training with newly hired operators as well as programs that cover operations, maintenance, safety and regulatory areas for all employees.
- Developing activities that provide a work environment that promotes effective goal accomplishment, productivity and morale.
- Establishing relationships and communicating effectively with site staff, management, facility owner, vendors, outside agencies and the local community.
- Establishing processes and procedures that will prepare the facility for the long-term.
Additionally, the scope of responsibility as Plant Manager includes the following primary functions:
- Responsible for ensuring that all plant personnel and plant objectives are in alignment with requirements.
- Administer the plant’s Safety, Operations, Compliance, Security, Maintenance, Administrative, Training, Chemistry and Environmental QA/QC programs to assure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the plant.
- Forecast and develop yearly production budgets and targets.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with First Nations groups ensuring commitments to the WLNG Impact Benefits Agreements (IBA).
- Responsible for managing and executing the site’s Emergency Response Plan.
- Responsible for directing or performing all commercial and financial activities, including budgeting, procurement, administration of major plant contracts and plant-level financial reporting.
- Administer the major plant contracts, fuel purchase agreements, and long-term service agreements. Prepare and administer operating and capital budgets.
- Oversee the preparation of required client and utility reports, budgets, environmental compliance reports, etc.
- Manage and oversee the planning, budgeting contracting, and performance of planned and unplanned plant outages.
- Implement training and qualification programs to assure those plant procedures are understood and properly followed by all plant personnel.
- Conduct periodic reviews of plant policies and procedures to assure that they reflect current plant operating requirements.
- Champion risk management related to LNG operations.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement for people, processes and production.
- Be a safety leader and contribute to HSSE at all levels of the organization.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical engineering preferred.
- Experience in the project execution phase for LNG plants managing operational readiness, commissioning and start-up.
- Extensive (fifteen (15+) or more years) natural gas processing and gas liquefaction technical and leadership experience with a work history that demonstrates a pattern of accomplishments and advancement.
- Twenty-five (25) or more years’ in advancing roles and responsibilities, especially in operations & maintenance organizations.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ senior production management in oil & gas experience with responsibility for annual budgets, production, finance reporting, and full asset accountability.
- Ideally, experience in creating and implementing new LNG production organizations.
- Knowledge of best in class and best practices utilized by major international oil & gas energy companies.
- Strategic thinker with the capacity to implement targets and influence the outcome.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Plant Manager.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.