The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is seeking a Planner/Risk Specialist. This position will be responsible for progress measurement and forecasting various elements of the overall project-integrated schedule. The Planner/Risk Specialist will assist the Lead Planner in integrating key milestones for contractors, fabricators, and vendors (electric company, pipeline operator and other critical support organizations) into the integrated schedule – while providing a realistic view of the project’s activities and schedule performance.
The Planner/Risk Specialist shall also ensure that a “risk management” culture exists within the project – this entails presenting risk management workshops to staff, coordinating the capture and quantification of project risks identified by project staff, and maintaining the risk register. The successful candidate will also conduct quantitative risk analysis at periodic intervals and ensure that cost and schedule contingency levels are held within the project.
The position will initially be based in the owner’s project management offices in Houston, Texas, USA, and potentially move to the job site during construction.
The successful candidate will:
- Generate, maintain and coordinate planning and scheduling for selected project activities, including progress monitoring, reporting and forecasting.
- Responsible for the integrity and quality of project schedules, including site teams, contractors, fabricators, consultants, and vendors.
- Assist the Lead Planner in ensuring schedule integration, accuracy and reporting among all areas of the projects (early works, permitting, LNG plant, FST, marine facilities, power, feed gas pipeline, engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, commissioning and startup activities).
- Coordinate project risk management activities as directed by project management and the Project Services Manager.
- Assist in weekly and monthly project reporting activities as directed by the Lead Planner and Project Services Manager, including coordination of monthly cost, schedule and risk review meetings.
- University Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 20 years of project controls experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Planning and risk management experience on major capital projects (> 2 billion USD).
- Minimum of five years of experience leading project risk management activities – including identifying, interpreting and communicating project schedule risks; and conducting qualitative and quantitative risk management activities at a project-wide level.
- Familiarity with the LNG APCI process, associated equipment, and LNG operations.
- Previous experience with major EPC contractors and operators as a member of the owner project management team).
- A clear understanding of critical path method (CPM) scheduling principles.
- Proven experience in developing and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders.
- Strong communication, teamwork, computer and writing skills.
- Highly competent in using industry-standard planning and risk management software packages, including Primavera P6, MS Office applications, Safran Risk and Pertmaster.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Planner/Risk Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.