The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Offshore Engineering Manager is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will lead the setup of a competent engineering organization dedicated to designing and converting an LNGC tanker to a Floating Storage Tanker and provide engineering support to the project, plant operations and maintenance to ensure a successful start-up and safe and reliable operation of the facility. The successful candidate reports directly to the Offshore Project Manager and will play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s engineering, construction, and installation phases.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the offshore engineering team, ensuring efficient collaboration and delivery of high-quality engineering solutions.
- Manage the technical input into the EPC Contractor for floating storage tankers (FSTs), ensuring adherence to project specifications, international standards, and industry best practices.
- Act as a point of contact between the engineering team and EPC Contractor, managing communication, expectations, and performance.
- Oversee the development, review, and approval of engineering designs, plans, and technical documentation related to LNG offshore facilities and FSTs.
- Collaborate with the Onshore Engineering Manager and team to ensure seamless integration of engineering work within the project lifecycle, including onshore-to-offshore interfaces.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders, including Project Managers, Procurement, and Construction teams, to ensure seamless integration of engineering work within the project lifecycle.
- Monitor and manage engineering resources, budgets, and schedules to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of engineering deliverables.
- Drive continuous improvement in engineering processes, systems, and tools, fostering innovation and best practices to maintain a competitive edge in the industry.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements, promoting a strong safety culture within the team.
- Support their professional growth and development by providing technical guidance and mentoring to engineers and other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Structural, Marine, or Naval Architecture) from an accredited institution; Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, with a strong focus on LNG offshore projects.
- Proven leadership and team management skills, with a track record of successfully leading engineering teams in a project environment.
- In-depth knowledge of LNG offshore facilities, marine systems, and related industry standards and regulations.
- Strong technical background in engineering design, analysis, and problem-solving, with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of project interface requirements during detailed design and construction.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required for project needs.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Has a passion for building and guiding a small, dedicated team.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- Takes ownership of deliverables and demonstrates a commitment to delivering tasks and targets.
- He actively supports his peers and members of other departments.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake both strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities within tight time frames.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
The position is based in the EPC contractor’s Office in Houston, and a visit to the Company’s Vancouver Office and Squamish, BC (Project Site), as required.
Please submit your application here.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
We thank all candidates for applying; however, due to the high volume of applicants and to ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased – we will only contact those we intend to interview.
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal-opportunity employer.