The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Maintenance Manager is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will lead a team of maintenance supervisors/technicians and contractors to fulfill all aspects of the maintenance requirements for the LNG Facility during project phases and transfer into the operational phase of the facility in Squamish, British Columbia.
The successful applicant will:
- Participate in identifying Capital spares, 2-year operational spares, special tools, mechanical handling requirements, warehousing/storage needs, workshop development, cranes & equipment identification and reviewing 3D Model reviews and lifting studies.
- Lead the Maintenance team during project phases, Commissioning and Start-Up, and into the operational phase.
- Responsible for establishing the systems and procedures to support the maintenance activities of the LNG Facility.
- Develop yearly Maintenance Budget for Plant Manager’s approval.
- Identify and implement required contracts.
- Support the Plant Manager in establishing the Maintenance Department, including organization design and staffing requirements, and implementing recruitment, training and development plans.
- Develop and implement Permit-to-work practices and Maintenance Competency Assurance Management Systems (CAMS) to ensure all competencies are in place and measurable for all maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for implementing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and ensuring full implementation of the Asset Master List.
- Set up a functional Maintenance Department capable of supporting LNG production on a 24/7 continuous basis.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and reliability activities of the LNG Facility, which includes monitoring performance and reliability data, implementing predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance strategies and implementing the planning and scheduling processes to support maintenance execution.
- Ensure that the Maintenance team and supporting contractors comply with all safety requirements in the plant.
- Ensure availability and reliability/integrity of plant and equipment.
- Lead a Shutdown Planning team.
- Clearly define and communicate roles/responsibilities to all Maintenance personnel via personal development plans—mentor and influence personnel to implement best practices.
- Performs other duties and requirements as required.
- Degree or Diploma qualifications at a technical level relative to the oil/gas industry.
- Minimum 15 years in Oil/Gas LNG Production Facilities in a Maintenance Supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience in Strategy Development and Implementation for Operations Readiness of Maintenance systems for new Facilities through each stage of the Project.
- Demonstrated experience in Maintenance Software Implementation of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Previous experience in setting up and managing maintenance contracts and planning.
- Previous leadership during the project phase, including Commissioning and Start-Up of large Oil and Gas Facilities. (LNG experience preferred).
- Capacity to lead a maintenance team during the project development phase through commissioning and start-up into steady-state operations.
- A motivated person with a mentoring and coaching approach.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
- This role will be a combination of office and site-based.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site), with an initial stay period at the Vancouver Office, followed by travel to the Module Fabrication Yards in China and a visit to the Houston project office as required.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.