The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Team! The position will be located at our Vancouver office.
Reporting to our Senior Legal Counsel, the ideal candidate should possess strong drafting skills, sound judgment and bring a pragmatic, effective and creative approach to the in-house legal role.
He or She will have substantial experience in the development of natural resource projects in Canada, with an ability to address a broad range of issues and prepare a variety of agreements, including but not limited to, those relating to following:
- Construction and claims management of major infrastructure, particularly natural resource projects in British Columbia or Alberta, including exposure to EPC/EPCM structures
- Ports and marine experience
- Contract review, drafting and management, including contractor liaison and change orders
- Procurement support
- Experience dealing with federal and provincial regulators, including First Nations
- Environmental and regulatory compliance, including permitting processes
- Crown tenures (including land and water lots)
- Property conveyance and leasing
- Experience in the LNG sector is preferred, but candidates with excellent experience providing legal support to the oil & gas, mining or energy sectors for major projects are encouraged to apply
It is not expected that the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate mastery in all of the above categories, however, preferred candidates should be able demonstrate material experience in a several of the above. The candidate will also be assisting human resources and office administration on various in-house legal matters including, but not limited to, employment matters, investigations, policies and office leases.
The candidate should be nimble, willing to work outside their comfort zone and creative in finding solutions to new legal and regulatory challenges. As part of a small project team, the candidate can expect to be called upon to provide legal and regulatory support across a range of issues.
The candidate should possess the ability to work closely with other professionals within the organization across a range of backgrounds including engineering, accounting, human resources, communications and regulatory.
- At least 5 years’ experience in commercial and natural resource related law in British Columbia or Alberta
- Canadian law degree and current membership (or willingness to obtain membership) in the law society of British Columbia
- Excellent communication, drafting, organizational and planning skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments, meeting deadlines and budgets, while ensuring high quality work
- Ability and experience with a range of software applications such as MS Office
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Legal Counsel.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.