The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG (WLNG) is looking for a Human Resources Generalist based in our Vancouver office. This role will provide generalist support in the following areas: recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, employee benefits, performance management, training and development, and systems administration. As a Human Resources team member, the HR Generalist will provide broad generalist support across WLNG to employees and the company on HR services and programs, including developing initiatives and programs that help support the organization’s goals.
The successful applicant will:
- Conduct new hire orientations and act as team members’ point of contact.
- Prepare new hire, termination, and team member-related documents.
- Administer, track, and maintain human resource databases.
- Facilitate or provide HR policies training (including new-hire orientation) to the workforce.
- Inform employees about benefits, compensation, performance management, and Human Resources policies.
- On-board and support recruitment of new employees.
- Administer, process and maintain highly confidential personal and benefit information that is current and accurate.
- Coordinate and perform all recruiting efforts in the hiring and placement of all levels of the organization, including:
- Communication with hiring managers, external stakeholders and partners and document the communications
- Posting jobs, resume database searching, phone screening/conducting initial one-on-one interviews and providing feedback on screening of prospects and reference checks.
- Assure timely action in scheduling interviews and communicating the movement of prospects through various interview stages.
- Supporting and attending recruiting events
- Maintaining talent pipeline
- Reporting of recruitment status, tracking successes through metric-driven information, and making recommendations for enhancements based on data insights.
- Ensure company and legal compliance with employment practices, policies, processes, and applicable laws.
- Perform daily administrative tasks in support of the HR group.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of Human Resources Experience.
- CPHR designation would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of labour and employment laws and legislation, ideally within Canada and the United States.
- Impeccable level of detail.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Strong technical recruitment experience preferred.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Human Resources Generalist.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, Woodfibre LNG continues to work on a hybrid work model with three (3) days in the office.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.