The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is looking for a Government Relations Manager based in our Vancouver office. This role will support the Vice President of Corporate Affairs in the project’s complex and nuanced relationships with Provincial, Federal and District of Squamish governments.
- Have a functional understanding of government decision making and structure and will work hands on with other departments within the company
- Support Regulatory Department in managing its working relationship with its government regulators and support the permitting process with the District of Squamish
- Be a strategic thinker who can execute a government relations strategy
- Distill complex policy issues and challenges into understandable bites that can be used to brief public officials and move the requirements of the project forward
- Design and execute government relations strategies as the project moves through its pre-construction, construction and operating phases
- Make presentations at the senior executive level and in public settings
- Minimum 10 years’ of relevant experience. Having experience on a major project would be an asset in the role or at least an understanding of how governments regulate and approve larger projects
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- Strong written communication ability: specifically, a succinct and professional writing style
- Experience facilitating small to medium sized meetings
- High degree of professionalism in representing the organization at meetings with government officials, affiliated organizations, and the public
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments, meeting deadlines and budgets, while ensuring high quality work
- Ability and experience with a range of software applications such as MS Office, particularly an intermediate working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- A valid driver’s license and be prepared to travel to Squamish regularly, Victoria, and Ottawa from time to time
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Government Relations Manager.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.