The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is seeking a Deputy Project Director – Onshore candidate, reporting to the Project Director, to manage key areas of the project post-FID through handover to Operations. The EPC phase is expected to last 5 to 6 years.
The position is based in Squamish, BC with travel to EPC contractor’s office in Houston and other locations, as required, to support project execution for meetings, workshops, audits, etc.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing all aspects of project execution in Canada, primarily at site, including HSSE, Quality, Project Services, Procurement, Subcontracts, Regulatory & Permitting, Interface Management, Early Works, Site Construction, Logistics, Pipeline Oversight and Commissioning Support for handover to Operation
- Supervise local PMT team with members located both in the WLNG Vancouver office and at site
- Manage EPC Contractor and other local contractors as well as subcontractors onsite
- Develop and implement key Canadian site specific project plans and procedures to support the overall project execution aligned with core project plans and procedures
- Coordinate with WLNG BU, core PMT, Regulatory Bodies, Indigenous Groups and local contractors in the development, submission and approval of all Canadian Federal, Provincial and Local permits to support the project execution strategy
- Ensure areas of responsibility meet all company, oil and gas industry as well as all Canadian codes and standards for safety, regulatory, environmental and quality compliance
- Accountable for managing scopes of work, procurement, subcontracts, logistics, interfaces, cost, schedule, risk management and change management in Canada as well as forecasting to deliver the project within budget and schedule for areas of responsibility
- Provide accurate reporting in a timely manner
- Prepare all documentation for handover of the LNG Facilities to Operations for Commissioning and Startup as well as support Operations during Startup
- Build strong relationships with Regulatory Agencies, Indigenous Groups, FortisBC and BC Hydro and Local Contractors to support project execution
- Prepare final project closeout report for areas of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 20+ years of project experience in major capital projects in the oil and gas industry in various execution phase key roles in project management, engineering, construction and commissioning management
- 10+ years of major capital project experience in Canada, primarily in British Columbia is preferred
- LNG project and Marine Facilities project experience is preferred
- Has strong knowledge/experience in field construction and commissioning of LNG, gas compression and gas processing facilities is preferred
- Has practical working knowledge/experience in HSSE, Quality, Contracts, Project Controls (Cost and Planning), Procurement, Materials Management and Logistics
- At least 15+ years of direct supervisory experience managing large teams
- Worked on $1.0+ Billion EPC projects
- Able to balance technical decision making with commercial considerations to protect the project goals, objectives, cost and schedule
- Team player with proven management and leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Deputy Project Director.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have work authorization in Canada?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19