The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Communications Specialist is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. It plays a key role in creating and implementing a broad range of communications materials and tactics for Woodfibre LNG. This role is part of Woodfibre LNG’s Communications & Sustainability team and reports to the Director, Communications Planning and Media Relations.
The successful candidate will work to increase and maintain Woodfibre LNG’s reputation through credible and transparent communications activities. The Communications Specialist will:
- Collaborate with internal groups and stakeholders to develop and execute communications plans and related activities.
- Intake, manage and respond to media inquiries. Experience with media is preferred; aptitude and willingness to work with media is mandatory.
- Capable of developing key messages and Q&As for use in media encounters or conversations with other stakeholders.
- Identify and track issues of interest or concern for Woodfibre LNG and suggest appropriate responses. Have the ability to use media monitoring services to find coverage and develop reports when required.
- Develop and contribute to a wide range of content, including key messages, fact sheets, Q&As, speaking notes, blog posts, social media posts, event collateral, briefing notes and information materials. This may include appropriate research to understand the subject matter better or create more practical materials.
- Assists with community engagement and stakeholder relations plans and activities as needed.
- Assist with event planning, including logistical arrangements, procurement of required goods and services and event execution.
- A minimum of five years of experience in communications or related field.
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations or related field preferred.
- Experience in or knowledge of the energy sector is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to absorb technical information and present it in non-complex, easily understood written materials.
- Experience working with mainstream and trade media.
- Experience in crisis and issues management.
- Strong awareness of media and government landscape in British Columbia.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen sense of priorities.
- Strong sense of teamwork and flexibility to fill in for colleagues as required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet very tight deadlines in an environment with conflicting priorities.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- As required, the position is based in Vancouver, BC, with potential travel to the EPC contractor’s office in Houston, Squamish (site), Ottawa and others.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This role is a hybrid position, requiring some time to be spent in the Vancouver office or at the project site in Squamish, along with designated remote work days.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG employees based in, or working out of, the Vancouver office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with our COVID-19 Vaccination guideline as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request an accommodation from Woodfibre LNG.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.