The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Through strategic partnerships with hiring managers and in accordance with company policies and legislation, the Recruiter manages the complete recruitment cycle – from developing job descriptions and sourcing candidates to onboarding the successful applicant. The Recruiter will ensure we are hiring the best possible talent.
The Recruiter will be responsible for providing full-cycle recruitment services, including working with the business, third-party agencies, universities/colleges, and the Human Resources team in developing recruitment plans and strategies for sourcing candidates from new graduates to technical experts to experienced professionals. This role will be situated in our Vancouver office or could be based in Squamish and will be responsible for recruiting personnel for various locations across the company.
The successful candidate will play an essential part in building a positive employer brand for Woodfibre LNG to ensure we attract, hire and retain the most qualified talent in the business.
The successful applicant will:
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting processes, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate and hiring team experience.
- Work with Hiring Managers and HR to identify talent requirements, job specifications, qualifications and skills required to fill new and replacement roles. Cultivate strong working relationships with Hiring Managers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business strategy to ensure that recruitment efforts can be tailored to meet the requirements.
- Provide advice and coaching to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Act as the subject matter expert on recruitment, candidate markets, and competitive intelligence issues.
- Design and drive a great candidate experience from the initial attraction of candidates to hire or turn down the stage. Act as the single point of contact for candidates throughout the recruiting process.
- Conduct interviews to qualify candidates for technical and cultural fit.
- Build candidate pipelines for frequently recruited positions and maintain applicant engagement.
- Own, drive and promote the employee referral program.
- Deliver cost-effective recruitment strategies that ensure our ability to proactively identify and recruit top talent in a highly competitive employment market without being excessively reliant on external agencies.
- Work with HR to effectively manage recruitment vendors, negotiate best search rates and evaluate service levels.
- Work with the HR team to negotiate and finalize offer details and to ensure a consistent and successful onboarding process for new hires.
- Ensure standardized processes, policies and templates are utilized.
- Work on process improvements for talent acquisition based on feedback from the business.
- Track relevant metrics and prepare recruitment reports.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of full-cycle recruitment experience within the oil and gas, heavy industrial, construction, engineering or another construction-centric industry.
- Experience with high-volume recruitment in an EPC/M environment or with a focus on Engineering and Construction positions is a definite asset.
- Completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business or a related field is preferred.
- Ideally, registered Professional Recruiter accreditation would be considered an asset but not required.
- Experience recruiting for a contract workforce would be considered an asset.
- Proven track record of delivering on large-volume recruiting within stringent timelines.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust with internal clients to execute and deliver on their hiring priorities.
- Well-versed in online posting websites/job boards and LinkedIn. LinkedIn Recruiter training is preferred but not required.
- Resourceful, high attention to detail and professional demeanour.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office or Squamish but will involve occasional travel within BC and to the USA.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Associate Recruiter.
Woodfibre LNG employees based in or working out of the Vancouver office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with our COVID-19 Vaccination guideline as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Therefore, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you cannot obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request an accommodation from Woodfibre LNG.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.