We are proud to be a part of the Squamish community and we are committed to ensuring local benefits stay right here.
The Woodfibre project is expected to create up to 650 construction jobs, with hiring preference given to qualified Squamish Nation members, Squamish residents, British Columbians and Canadians – in that order.
Once operational, the facility will provide over 100 stable, full-time family supporting jobs.
Since 2013, Woodfibre LNG has contributed over $3 million to local Squamish businesses, community groups and organizations and in taxes.
This includes over 30 public events and over 400 stakeholder meetings. Community consultation and awareness activities have included, or continue to include:
- Open houses
- Stakeholder meetings
- Business information sessions
- Telephone townhalls
- Presentations to District of Squamish Council
- Hosting community events
- Sponsorship of and participation in community events
- Mail and digital newsletters
- Dedicated Info Line
- Dedicated engagement website: www.askwoodfibrelng.ca
- Local advertising (radio and newspaper)
Woodfibre LNG has an ‘open door’ policy for community members. We want to hear feedback and questions and encourage community dialogue.