This year, we received 15 applications from Squamish charities and organisations as part of our Community Sponsorship Program.
Cast your vote on Facebook for your favourite local organization, and the post with the most likes, comments, and shares will win $1,000 in addition to their Woodfibre LNG community grant.
As Squamish begins to slowly emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our local organizations could use some extra funding.
That’s why we opened our 2020 Community Sponsorship Grant Program submissions earlier than usual this year, and extended the application period, so we could give back to as many Squamish organizations as possible.
We wanted to be more responsive to the hardest hit areas of our community and economy, so for the first time we targeted this year’s grants to organizations in five sectors:
In May and June we received over a dozen applications, and we are thrilled to be able to provide funding to so many well-deserving local organizations.
But there’s more!
This year we announced an additional opportunity for Squamish organizations to receive funding – a social media voting contest where YOU, the Squamish community, chooses the winner.
We asked Squamish organizations to submit a photo or video with their application that gives us an idea of the great work they do in the community.
Now we’re asking YOU to tell us who should receive an additional $1,000 on top of their existing 2020 Community Sponsorship Grant.
Ready to help your favourite Squamish organization? Read the rules below to learn how you can vote today! ⬇
Facebook Voting Rules
- A photo from each finalist organization will be posted in an album on the Woodfibre LNG page.
- Like, comment, and share the photo of the organization that you believe should win a community grant.
- 1 like = 1 vote, 1 comment = 1 vote, and 1 share = 1 vote giving you the opportunity to cast up to three votes for each finalist.
- The post with the most cumulative likes, comments, and shares will be awarded an additional $1,000 with their community grant.
- Remember to vote on the actual photo of the organization, and not just the main post with the album! Votes will only be counted on the individual photos of each organization.
- The voting period begins today, Monday, July 6th, and lasts for one week until 4pm on Monday, July 13th. All votes submitted during this period will count.
- You may vote for more than one organization!
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
Click on the button below to go to the Facebook album to begin voting (liking, commenting, and sharing) for your favourite Squamish organization to win!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Click here to begin voting!
Questions may be directed to [email protected]