January 9, 2023
SQUAMISH, BC – We are excited to announce that we have expanded our Community Partnership Program for 2023 with increased funding and two applicant intakes for the year. We welcome Squamish charity groups and non-profit organizations to apply for funding through the first intake of the 2023 Community Partnership Program, with applications due by February 10. We will consider applications for up to $5,000 per eligible organization based on the criteria outlined below.
How to apply:
Fill out the application form on our website: www.woodfibrelng.ca/community
Woodfibre LNG’s 2023 Community Partnership Program is open to community organizations located in the District of Squamish or Squamish-Lillooet Regional District who lead initiatives or provide services in one of the following categories:
- Sports and recreation programming: e.g., “little leagues,” sports clubs, recreational programs, and summer camps.
- Health and wellness programming: e.g., food bank or food security initiatives, mental health initiatives, community outreach programs.
- Arts and culture programming: e.g., local community events, including those held by Indigenous organizations.
- Socioeconomic programming: e.g., employment, skills training, job readiness, literacy programs (e.g., summer students, technology, equipment or supplies for school programs not funded through other sources).
- Local search and rescue and marine safety organizations.
Woodfibre LNG will accept Community Partnership Program applications from January 9 until February 10, 2023. Applications will be evaluated, and funding amounts determined based on proposal clarity and community or regional impact. Depending on the volume of applications, priority may be given to organizations based in the District of Squamish. Woodfibre LNG will announce funding recipients through our website and social media channels in March.
The program is only open to charities and non-profit organizations located in the District of Squamish or Squamish-Lillooet Regional District and excludes costs related to goodwill advertising, travel expenses, seminars or retroactive activities. Third-party fundraising organizations are not eligible. Please note that applicants may not be eligible to receive funding through both intakes.
The Community Partnership page will be open for applications until 23:59 Pacific Standard Time on Friday, February 10, 2023.
We look forward to seeing your submissions and to another year of supporting excellent community programming!
About Woodfibre LNG Limited
Woodfibre LNG is in the pre-construction phase of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site. Construction is expected to complete in 2027. The Woodfibre LNG site is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. The facility will have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and will produce approximately 2.1 (MTPA) of LNG. Woodfibre LNG is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and Squamish and is a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Limited.