The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Arch & Building Supervisor is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will need a combination of technical knowledge, leadership skills, and experience in managing large-scale industrial construction projects. Familiarity with LNG-specific requirements, safety protocols, and industry best practices is essential for the successful execution of the project. The successful candidate reports directly to the Area Construction Manager and will play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the construction phase of the project.
The successful applicant will:
- Coordinate construction activities and work closely with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure the construction process follows the approved plans and adheres to safety and quality standards.
- Oversees the on-site construction contractor, including subcontractors and tradespeople.
- Monitor the progress of construction tasks, ensure workers have the necessary resources, and address any issues that arise during the construction process.
- Responsible for inspecting the construction work to ensure it meets the required standards and specifications.
- Enforce safety protocols, participate in safety meetings, and ensure all workers are using proper safety equipment and following safety guidelines.
- Coordinate the delivery and usage of owner supplied construction materials to ensure they are available when needed and are used efficiently.
- Prepare regular progress reports, including any challenges faced and proposed solutions.
- Be proactive in identifying issues and finding effective solutions to keep the project on track.
- Compliance and Permits: Building Supervisors ensure that the construction site complies with all relevant regulations, permits, and environmental requirements.
- Monitor the construction budget and work to keep construction costs within the approved limits.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date construction records, including daily logs, site diaries, progress photos, and relevant documentation for future reference and project documentation.
- Work closely with various project stakeholders, including engineers, project managers, contractors, and client representatives, to facilitate effective communication and ensure smooth project execution.
- A bachelor’s in engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical) or associate degree in a technical or applied science trade (mechanics, electronics, pre-engineering) and equivalent experience is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted.
- Previous experience in supervising construction projects, preferably in the LNG or oil and gas industry
- Familiarity with LNG facility construction processes and safety protocols.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and project plans.
- Experience in construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and handover of large-scale tanks.
- Experience dealing with OEMs, consultants, contractors and other relevant third parties in particular contractor oversight.
- Knowledge of QA/QC procedures for Tank Piping construction and repair.
- Contractual and procurement knowledge.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs such as Office 365, MS Teams, DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat etc.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site).
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.