The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Site Procurement Manager is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will be responsible for executing all procurement and subcontracting management support for site activities under the supervision and direction of the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager in the Project Management Team. This role is also responsible for the coordination of WLNG Canadian-based procurement and subcontracting activities, from pre-qualification of local suppliers and subcontractors to preparation of tender packages and evaluation reports, management of changes, claims, etc., to close out of service agreements and contracts, in consultation with WLNG Legal, Site Construction, PMT Engineering and Procurement. This position is based in Squamish, at the project site, with some travel to the WLNG Vancouver office, as required. Daily, the Site Contracts/Procurement Manager will work closely with the Site Construction Manager to set priorities and monitor service agreements and contracts to ensure compliance with the company’s regulations. The successful candidate reports directly to the LNG Project Manager and will support the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- A key member of the Procurement & Subcontracts team, supporting Construction at the site and Vancouver office/BU requirements.
- Prepare invitations to tender and organize clarification and award meetings.
- Formulate and finalize equipment, assembly, and consultancy contracts in consultation with WLNG Legal staff and PMT in compliance with the company’s regulations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all Squamish Nation bidding requirements and fully support the application of the Impact Benefit Agreement.
- Contract administration and monitoring to ensure contractors fulfill contractual obligations.
- Prepare regular reports on the status of contracts.
- Coordinate with Finance staff to ensure proper billing by contractors.
- Resolve contract payment disputes and confer with Project staff concerning contract payments and other compliance issues.
- Implement and interpret the company’s policies and procedures correctly; develop, recommend and coordinate the implementation of new procedures.
- Maintain computer database on contracts.
- Determine the priorities, goals, and objectives of assigned work tasks.
- Perform procurement of services and goods to support Site Construction and WLNG Vancouver office.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Provide backup support to Houston-based PMT Procurement organization as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited university.
- 10 + years experience in contracts management and procurement, preferably in oil & gas, major capital projects and construction.
- Highly experienced with contract laws and able to draft, amend or revise contract clauses confidently and appropriately according to the specific SOW requirements.
- Ability to work with construction and other end users to ensure the scope of work (SOW) is detailed and complete.
- Excellent negotiation techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Some purchasing experience.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise tenders and tender evaluation reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain simple contracts monitoring worksheets.
- Advanced MS Office user.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multi-cultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This role will be a combination of office and site-based roles.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site), with travel as required to the WLNG Vancouver Office, the EPC contractor’s office in Houston and others.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.