The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Communications Specialist is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team and plays a key role in the creation and implementation of a broad range of communications materials and tactics for Woodfibre LNG. This role is part of Woodfibre LNG’s Communications & Sustainability team and reports to the Director, Communications Planning and Media Relations. This is an excellent opportunity for fresh graduates, or those in their early career, in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
The successful candidate will work to increase and maintain Woodfibre LNG’s reputation through credible and transparent communications activities. The Communications Specialist will:
- Collaborate with internal groups and communications department members to develop a wide range of content, including key messages, fact sheets, Q&As, blog posts, event collateral, briefing notes and information materials. This may include appropriate research to better understand subject matter or to create more effective materials.
- Where needed, support the Director, Communications Planning and Media Relations to manage and respond to media inquiries.
- Identify and track issues of interest or concern for Woodfibre LNG and suggest appropriate response.
- Collaborate with internal groups and stakeholders to develop and execute communications plans and related activities.
- Support the preparation of materials for community engagement and stakeholder relations plans and activities as needed.
- Support event planning where needed for the Communications & Sustainability team, including logistical arrangements, procurement of required goods and services and event execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to absorb technical information and present it in non-complex, easily understood written materials.
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field preferred.
- Experience in or knowledge of the energy sector is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and keen sense of priorities.
- Strong sense of teamwork and flexibility to fill in for colleagues as required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet very tight deadlines in an environment with conflicting priorities.
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
- The position is based in Vancouver, BC, with travel to Squamish (site) and potentially any future sustainability project location beyond the Woodfibre LNG project site.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.
Salary range: CAD 60,000 – 75,000/yr