The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited (WLNG) is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited (PO&G), which is part of the Singapore-based Royal Golden Eagle (RGE) group of companies.
Woodfibre LNG is looking for a Vice President, Human Resources based in our Vancouver office. This position will play an instrumental role in developing our Human Capital Plan for our Project, and overseeing the human resources function, in our fast pace environment.
1. Develop and direct the implementation of the Human Capital Plan for the Woodfibre LNG project, which includes:
- Recruitment and retention of employees for the Project Management Team (PMT) in Houston, subsequent relocation to Squamish/site, and eventual demobilization; recruitment for the PMT in offshore locations and deployment of PMT employees to offshore locations, e.g. fabrication yard for modules, retrofitting yards for floating storage tanks
- Recruitment and retention of employees for the WLNG Business Unit (BU) in the Vancouver office
- Recruitment and retention of employees for the WLNG plant at the Woodfibre site; deployment of plant personnel to offshore locations for training, familiarization and audits; engagement and deployment of external training consultants to the plant in the commissioning phase
- Prepare, present and report progress on Human Capital plans to the Corporate owners
2. Responsible to lead and supervise HR management and administration in the following areas:
- Develop/review and formalize HR policies and processes
- Payroll and Benefits administration
- Training and Learning & Development coordination
- Facilitate travel and relocation (i.e. mobility) requirements
- Conduct Performance Review process
- Support Talent Management, Succession Planning and Employee Engagement
- System owner of HR Information Systems
- Minimum 25 years’ of relevant experience in the natural resources industry
- A university degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline with a CPHR designation
- Experience in manpower buildup for major capital projects and plant start-ups
- Experience in different aspects of Human Resources including total rewards, handling mobility requirements, training & development, employee engagement and Human Resources operations
- Prior supervisory experience in managing Human Resources Teams
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with all levels of management
- A collaborator, effective at developing strong credibility and working relationships with all levels
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing different priorities at the same time
- Proactive approach to problem solving with an ability to define and solve problems quickly yet retain a focus on the broader / long term picture and solution
- A valid driver’s licence
- Willingness to travel to the U.S. or other countries for business trips as required
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Vice President, Human Resources.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have work authorization in Canada?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19