The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Systems Administrator Lead manages the day-to-day service delivery of defined IT services provided by internal and external service providers and leads the daily support of localized IT support services for our Vancouver-based office and remote sites in Squamish and Houston, Texas. In addition, the Systems Administrator Lead maintains service delivery plans to ensure continuous alignment of services to requirements and increased predictability.
This role owns tactical service management relationships across all service lines, which include but are not limited to:
- Server and Storage hardware management
- Operating systems
- Service Desk, Incident & Problem management
- Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft 365
- Backup and Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
- Provide day-to-day supervision and work quality assurance of IT team activities, including monitoring and managing service desk systems, incident and request assignment, resolution, documentation, and reporting to ensure that the team meets service-level agreements.
- Drive alignment of the business, IT, and suppliers with sourcing objectives and strategy.
- Communicate with end-users to provide support and troubleshooting for workstations, software, and service issues.
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of server, service, and network infrastructure.
- Oversee new employee onboarding processes, provisioning accounts, hardware, and software/services to end-users.
- Oversee hardware and software procurement and management.
- Collaborate with other departments and management to review and analyze hardware and software/service needs.
- Responsible for service delivery on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity.
- Actively engage external service providers that deliver outsourcing services to ensure maximum adherence to agreed service metrics.
- Aim to improve service and staff performance, end-user satisfaction, and collaboration among service providers.
- Align service-delivery capacity to business demands while managing customer satisfaction.
- Deliver a consistent incident and problem escalation process and resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Ensure execution of sourcing governance, define the process and work on continuous improvement.
- Monitor, report, analyze and escalate day-to-day operational executions.
- Ensure service providers perform to the SLAs documented in the contract.
- Lead objective-setting, performance monitoring, and coaching for team members.
- Ability to work with Averis, our corporate IT team in Malaysia, on evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other related fields (or equivalent work experience).
- A minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of IT work experience in an environment similar in size and complexity related to the service function.
- Strong service delivery and relationship management skills.
- Ability to relate the goals of IT service delivery to business goals.
- Experience working with servers and server rooms.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstratable and recent experience in service operations/managing an external service provider(s).
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Systems Administrator Lead.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, Woodfibre LNG continues to work on a hybrid work model. Employees have the flexibility to work from home but will be required to attend meetings and events within the office and/or site as and when required and on an as-needed basis.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.