The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is seeking a multi discipline person to support the ongoing site maintenance and operations of the Woodfibre LNG Project site, which includes a Power House generator and Leachate Plant operations. This position will support mechanical operations of the site as well as general carpentry and maintenance duties for site structures.
- First and foremost, ensuring safety compliance to Woodfibre LNG Occupational Health and Safety programs.
- Ensure compliance to Woodfibre LNG Environmental Management Plans for leachate discharge, effluent, waste water etc.
- Attend and participate in daily toolbox sessions, daily plans, shutdowns.
- Complete required daily reporting and records as required for monitoring and auditing compliance.
- Perform daily checks on Leachate Plant/Temp Plant and make required adjustments to equipment or materials as required to ensure environmental compliance.
- Perform and monitor daily yard and site checks and complete required records and data on Power House Generator (1.6MW).
- Repair and perform water intake cleaning and maintenance work as required for both Woodfibre Creek/Mill Creek intake and flume water delivery systems.
- Operation of site equipment (after required certification and training), such as: skid steer; elevated work platform general light truck maintenance, telehandler forklift, etc.
- General site duties, such as: waste removal, snow clearing, lawn mowing, fueling for gas- diesel equipment, and general maintenance and light repairs as required.
- Responds to emergency situations at site in the event of incident affecting site operations/security, as required.
- Must be flexible to work split shifts, overtime and weekends as required to support maintenance and operational requirements.
- Performs other duties and requirements as required.
- Electrical or Mechanical apprentice registered with BC Provincial Trade Certification Program preferably a 3rd or 4th year apprentice with construction experience.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to operate or can be trained on site equipment, forklift, Skidsteer, Aerial Platform, power and hand tools specific to the site operations.
- Attend all required training courses and certifications related to ongoing and new works.
- Specific training will be provided by Woodfibre LNG as required in areas such as: confined space, Work at Height, First Aid, Incident Command, etc.
- Is willing to comply with LNGC’s drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Squamish Area resident or locally within 30 minutes’ drive is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with Marine type environment as site is remote and travel daily is by boat only.
- This is a site based role based at the Woodfibre LNG site, 7km from Squamish.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Site Maintenance Worker.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, Woodfibre LNG continues to work on a hybrid work model. Employees have the flexibility to work from home but will be required to attend meetings and events within the office and/or site as and when required and on an as needed basis.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.