The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
We are currently seeking a candidate to provide onsite HSSE leadership and compliance oversight for ongoing operations, maintenance and project related activities per WLNG HSSE Management System and WorkplaceBC requirements as well as all local, provincial and federal policies and laws. This is a 12 months contract employee position with the potential to transition to a permanent position in the future
- Provide safety leadership and create a safe working site environment
- Ensure adherence to WLNG’s HSSE policies, standards and Management System by employees, contractors and visitors to site
- Ensure compliance, by all working on site, to all WLNG, Federal, Provincial and Local HSSE requirements applicable to WLNG site activities
- Lead day-to-day HSSE activities including safety orientations, training, JSAs approvals, monitoring and reporting
- Manage the site HSSE audit program including closeout of all audit actions in a timely matter
- Monitor and provide HSSE KPI’s for site including WLNG and contractor reporting
- Support PMT in review and implementation of HSSE policies, standards and procedures, as requested
- Participate as key member of the WLNG Employee HSSE Committee
- Capture lessons learned and incorporate into WLNG HSSE policies, standards, plans and procedures, as deemed necessary, for continuous improvement purposes
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Safety oriented degree preferred
- Occupational First Aid Level I (OFA 1) minimum is required; additional HSSE certifications preferred
- 5+ years of direct HSE management and/or oversight working in an operating facilities or on major construction projects preferred
- Experience working in oil & gas industry or hydroelectric plant environment preferred
- Knowledge and experience in HSSE auditing and compliance
- Team player with strong leadership, oral/written communication and reporting skills
- Solid working knowledge and experience of MS Office programs
- Squamish Area resident or locally within 30 minutes’ drive preferred
- Must be willing to travel to site by boat on a daily basis
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Site HSE Supervisor.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.