The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Shift Superintendent is an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Operations and support the company’s operations team through the project’s design development stage, construction, CSU and operational phase. During the Operational Phase, as a Shift Superintendent on the shift, you will also lead and oversee that the environmental practices and social responsibilities to the community are held to the uppermost standards as set out by Woodfibre LNG.
The successful applicant will:
- Attend required HAZOPS/ 3D model reviews, operability/material handling reviews, P&ID verification and detailed engineering reviews, as requested during the project phase of the facility.
- Support PMT on all aspects regarding the facility operability and maintainability as well as all required safety aspects to operating an LNG Facility.
- Willingly travel overseas to the module yards to lead a team of experienced CSU operators to support PMT.
- Take overall responsibility/ownership for safe production and execution of activities/tasks during their shift in the plant operational area.
- Ensure a functional Shift Team is available/capable of supporting LNG production.
- Ensure execution of quality assurance of plant and equipment during the project phase.
- Support early integration into commissioning and start-up teams in the early phases of the project.
- Interface with projects and LNG plant management teams during the project start-up.
- Ensure availability and reliability of plant and equipment during their shift.
- Support the implementation of an agreed maintenance strategy.
- Support PTW, including functionality/improvements, isolations standards, competencies, issuing, precautions, compliance, auditing, PTW manuals and authorization.
- Ensure the operational area is free of hazards and mitigate risks to ALARP expectations.
- Ensure all plant equipment handed over for maintenance is correctly isolated and safe for personnel to undertake tasks.
- Ensure all equipment and plant are at maximum availability for safety and production.
- Ensure competencies are in place and measured for the Shift Team.
- Communicate yearly tasks and targets for all shift personnel under his leadership.
- Develop and implement checklists & routines for plant and equipment.
- Ensure the timely delivery of input data and correctness for plant daily reports to the Head of Operations.
- Interface with the technical services department for integrity issues and compliance checks.
- Interface with the HSSE department for compliance and improvements.
- Interface with other departments for support requirements and documentation.
- Mentor and influence personnel for implementation of best practices.
- Maintain 100% compliance with company HSE policies and guidelines.
- Champion HSE as a member of the LNG Operations team.
- Lead HSE Shift meetings/safety walks/audits if and when required.
- Ensure timely intervention to mitigate risks and ensure personnel and plant safety.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to influence overall safety behaviour in the plant.
- Ensure system checklists are implemented/completed by Shift Operations to agreed frequencies and standards.
- Execute plant-wide operations hazards awareness program.
- Initiate inputs for plant risk register and mitigation tracking process for operations.
- Ensure that Shift Operations Emergency Response capabilities are 100% met during shifts.
- Ensure safe work practices within maintenance for mechanical/electrical & instrument.
- 3-5 years LNG experience. Minimum of 10 years in Oil & Gas production facilities. APCI LNG Technology experience preferred.
- 4th Class Power Engineering Diploma as a minimum.
- Demonstrated experience in operations as a previous supervisor or superintendent.
- Previous experience during the project phase, including commissioning and start-up.
- Previous experience working with other departments to support production targets.
- Knowledgeable in Training Competency Assurance Management Systems.
- Experienced in leading a First Intervention Team during Emergency Responses.
- Fully versed in Managing Safe Work with Permit to Work System.
- A motivated person with a mentoring and coaching approach, “One Team.”
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – to be able to interact with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be Innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks, targets and changing priorities within tight time frames.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office).
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This role will be a combination of office and site-based functions.
- The position is based in Squamish, BC (Project Site), with an initial stay period at the EPC contractor’s Office in Houston, followed by travel to the Module Fabrication Yard(s) in the Asia-Pacific region and a visit to the Company’s Vancouver Office as required.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.