The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG (WLNG) is seeking a Project Engineer – Electrical to lead and manage the design, procurement, and installation/commissioning of the Temporary Construction Power System at the WLNG site. The successful candidate will report directly to the Pre- Construction Works Project Manager and play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure safety and compliance to WLNG’s Occupational Health and Safety programs; promote an authentic HSE culture, actively support the development of safe work plans, JHA, reporting, corrective actions, etc.
- Verify compliance with WLNG’s Environmental Management Plans while ensuring contractors meet permit requirements set forth by stakeholders, environmental agencies, and the Squamish district.
- Support QA/QC requirements and work with PMT Quality Management.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of engineering consultants and the scope assigned to the contractor by the PCW Project Manager.
- Coordinate field queries (RFI, technical questions) and scope out changes with the PM Site Management, Engineering, Project Controls, and Regulatory & Permitting teams.
- Support Site Procurement/Subcontracts teams in developing technical/construction documentation for bidding, technical evaluations, and contract awards.
- Review and verify contractor invoices related to the scope of work overseen.
- Provide information to PMT Project Controls in Houston, as required, for contractor cost and progress reporting/forecasts and change management.
- Support site operations, emergency response, and incident management activities.
- Provide support for the remaining early works scopes of work.
- Provide support for the existing electrical infrastructure as needed.
- Must be flexible to work split shifts, overtime, and weekends as required to support maintenance and construction schedules.
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technologist – with extensive High Voltage electrical design and installation experience preferred.
- Competent in NFPE 70E Code & Arc Flash Safety.
- Minimum of 5 -10 years experience in oil and gas, heavy industrial construction, engineering, and other construction-centric work.
- Attend required training, courses, and certifications related to ongoing/new work.
- Specific training will be provided by WLNG as required in areas such as confined space, work at height, first aid and incident command, etc.
- Willing to comply with WLNG’s drug-free and harassment-free work environment and all safety policies and procedures.
- Have good organizational, computer, and communication skills working in a team environment.
- Squamish Area residents are preferred (candidates who live locally within 30 minutes-1hr drive).
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be comfortable with a Marine-type environment as the site is remote (travel daily by boat only and is approximately 7km from Squamish).
- This role will be a combination of an office site-based role.
- The position is based at our site in Squamish, BC. There may be occasional travel to a local engineering office in the Vancouver area, the EPC contractor’s office in Houston, or the Company’s Vancouver office.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Project Engineer – Electrical.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.