The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG (WLNG) is seeking a Project Construction Manager. The candidate will report to the Project Director and manage construction activities, including detailed engineering, mechanical completion and handover to Operations for commissioning. The selected individual will be part of the WLNG team (PMT) located at our project site in Squamish, BC, with frequent travels to the contractor’s office in Houston, Texas. The EPC phase is expected to be 4 to 5 years. This senior-level position requires previous experience managing construction for large capital projects in the oil & gas industry in all phases of project execution.
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure safety and compliance to WLNG’s Occupational Health and Safety programs; promote an authentic HSE culture, actively support the development of safe work plans, JHA, reporting, corrective actions, etc.
- Take overall responsibility for safe, on-time completion of construction at the LNG Plant and associated facilities for the project.
- Provide leadership and supervise the WLNG’s construction team in Houston, site and contractor’s yards, as required.
- Provide input into the overall construction execution strategy, including contracting strategy and project execution, as the project develops or changes.
- Responsible for construction oversight of primary EPC contractors and other contractors working on the project with the support of the WLNG’s construction team.
- Develop and manage the WLNG’s construction execution plan; provide input into other projects, contractor plans and procedures.
- Coordinate with WLNG’s regulatory & permitting group to provide input for permitting applications, consultations and site permits required to execute site construction.
- Ensure the company meets applicable oil and gas industry/Canadian safety, regulatory, environmental, and quality standards and codes for compliance during the construction phase.
- Participate in engineering, supplier and contractor reviews, workshops and audits to ensure safe, cost-effective constructability of the facilities.
- Ensure QA/QC and equipment/materials preservation during construction.
- Manage construction scopes of work, safety, quality, risk management, change management, as well as cost and schedule for forecasting to deliver the project within budget and schedule.
- Provide construction reports and presentations.
- Prepare the Final Project Construction Closeout and Handover Report.
- Support the delivery and handover of plant and facilities to Operations, including “as-built” input to key documents, drawings, and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 10+ years of direct supervisory experience managing large teams.
- 20+ years of construction management experience in major capital projects in the oil and gas industry; Onshore and Offshore project experience is preferred; LNG project execution experience is a plus.
- Experience managing construction activities/input for all phases of a significant capital project, including engineering, procurement, onshore and offshore construction, mechanical completion, handover and closeout of construction.
- Strong knowledge/experience in design constructability and field construction LNG, gas compression and gas processing facilities.
- Experience with marine terminals and jetties is a plus.
- Knowledge of Canadian project execution unique requirements is required.
- Able to balance technical decision-making with commercial considerations aligned with project goals and objectives to protect the safety, quality, cost and schedule.
- Team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical information concisely and transparently, suitable for a senior management audience.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Ability to travel globally to support the project execution, as required, for meetings, workshops, audits, supplier inspections, FATs, etc.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Project Construction Manager.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.