The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. The successful candidate will execute procurement and subcontracting activities, from creating and approving bid lists to the arrival of equipment at the job site (Squamish). The candidate will report directly to the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager and play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The successful applicant will:
- Assist with the preparation of the Project Procurement and Subcontracts Plan.
- Assist with the setup of project procurement and subcontract processes, procedures, templates, systems and reporting.
- Conduct procurement & subcontract activities aligned with budget, schedule, quality, cost, etc.
- Coordinate with internal project stakeholders to ensure the timely review and approval of all procurement and subcontract documentation, purchase orders and agreements.
- Execute WLNG procurement and subcontract activities.
- Ensure goods and services are contracted at competitive prices while maintaining quality standards and schedules.
- Review RFPs, bid recommendations and POs, including terms and conditions, cost, schedule, inspection, expediting, buy downs, etc., to meet project requirements.
- Review subcontract RFQs, proposals, bid recommendations and service agreements, including terms and conditions, cost, schedule and other contractual matters to meet project requirements.
- Ensure effective project procurement and subcontract communication to the project team (purchasing, logistics, quality control surveillance, supplier quality, trade compliance, expediting, etc.).
- Maintain project budget information for procurement and subcontracting activities and report same to management.
- Efficiently monitor, report and present key project performance indicators and procurement statistics to PMT Leadership; highlight any supplier and procurement activities that impact the project, including both opportunities and potential risks.
- Evaluate and advises the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager regarding any procurement change orders and claims.
- Lead WLNG reviews and approvals of RFPs, commercial bid tabulations, purchase recommendations and purchase orders, ensuring compliance with the project procurement plan, budget, schedule and cost.
- Identify, resolve and mitigate any issues relating to contractor’s and supplier’s performance while ensuring positive working relationships.
- Ensure that all responsibility supply chain activities are executed according to our Corporate Core Values, the Ethics Policy, and the Supply Chain Code of Conduct.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited university.
- 15+ years’ procurement/subcontracting experience in major capital projects in the petroleum industry.
- Minimum 5 years experience representing the operating company.
- Prior LNG experience is highly desired.
- Strong competence across multiple Supply Chain Management functional areas (procurement, contracting, logistics, warehousing, etc.).
- Experience negotiating contracts, subcontracts, and pricing agreements.
- Experienced in issuing correspondence, assessing changes and claims, analyzing progress and processing invoices.
- Experienced in full-cycle contracting and procurement – tendering, tender evaluation, clarification, negotiation, formation and execution through to completion and close out.
- Ability to develop management reports and presentations.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated interpersonal/team-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Willingness to see the project through the long term.
- The role will be located in the Contractors office in Houston, TX, during the EPC phase of the project.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport. The role might require visits to vendors’ offices and occasional travel.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.