The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will execute procurement and subcontracting activities from creating and approving bid lists through the arrival of equipment at the job site (Squamish). The successful candidate reports directly to the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager and will play an essential part in supporting the company’s engineering and senior management team through the project’s construction phase.
The Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist reports to the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager and will provide for the effective execution of procurement and subcontracting activities such as:
- Assist with the preparation of the Project Procurement and Subcontracts Plan.
- Assist with the setup of the project procurement and subcontract processes, procedures, templates, systems and reporting.
- Conduct procurement & subcontract activities aligned with budget, schedule, quality, cost, etc.
- Coordinates with internal project stakeholders to ensure the timely review and approval of all procurement and subcontract documentation, purchase orders and agreements.
- Executes Company procurement and subcontract activities.
- Ensures goods and services are contracted at competitive prices while maintaining quality standards and schedules.
- Reviews RFP, bid recommendations and POs, including terms and conditions, cost, schedule, inspection, expediting, buydowns, etc., to meet project requirements.
- Reviews subcontract RFQ, proposals, bid recommendations and service agreements, including terms and conditions, cost, schedule and other contractual matters to meet project requirements.
- Ensures effective communication of project procurement and subcontract activities to the project team (purchasing, logistics, quality control surveillance, supplier quality, trade compliance, expediting, etc.).
- Maintains project budget information for procurement and subcontracting activities and reports same to management.
- Efficiently monitor, report and present key project performance indicators and procurement statistics to PMT Leadership; highlight any supplier and procurement activities that impact the project, including both opportunities and potential risks.
- Evaluates and advise the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager regarding any procurement change orders and claims.
- Lead Company reviews and approvals of RFPs, commercial bid tabulations, purchase recommendations and purchase orders, ensuring compliance with the project procurement plan, budget, schedule and cost.
- Identify, resolve and mitigate any issues relating to contractor and supplier performance while ensuring positive working relationships.
- Ensure that all supply chain activities within the area of responsibility are carried out per RGE Core Values, the Ethics Policy, and the Supply Chain Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field from an accredited university.
- 15 + years’ procurement/subcontracting experience in major capital projects in the petroleum industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience representing the operating company
- Prior LNG experience is highly desired.
- Strong competence across multiple Supply Chain Management functional areas (procurement, contracting, logistics, warehousing, etc.)
- Experience in negotiating contracts, subcontracts, and pricing agreements.
- Experience in issuing correspondence, assessing changes and claims, analyzing progress and processing invoices.
- Experienced in full cycle contracting and procurement – tendering, tender evaluation, clarification, negotiation, formation and execution through to completion and closeout.
- Demonstrated ability for the development of reports for and presentations to management.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated interpersonal/team-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
- Willing to see the project through the long term.
- Will be hired for the Contractors office located in the Energy Corridor of West Houston, TX, for the EPC phase of the project.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport may be required to visit the vendor’s works.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Procurement and Subcontracts Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.