The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
We are currently looking for a Permitting Manager to join our Team!
In the role of Permitting Manager, you will be an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic project team responsible for implementing the regulatory, permitting and environmental compliance strategy for the Project. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Regulatory Manager and will take leadership in obtaining permits and approvals for the project consistent with project requirements. The successful applicant will:
- Manage necessary work required to prepare and obtain required permits and approvals
- Work collaboratively with internal teams as well as external contractors and consultants in advancing project design and execution aligned with regulatory requirements and company commitments
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external parties including regulatory agencies, Indigenous Groups and interested parties as it relates to the regulatory activities of the project
- Support the development and implementation of a compliance management system to track and demonstrate compliance with the Project’s regulatory and environmental commitments and conditions
- Develop, maintain and meet schedules and budgets for regulatory activities.
- Support the team responding to local media, government, Indigenous and NGO groups and implementing actions towards the Company’s sustainability goals
- Provide leadership through a personal commitment to influence overall safety behavior and a culture of environmental compliance; demonstrates compliance with company HSE policies and guidelines
- University Degree in an environmental discipline (e.g. environmental science, environmental engineering, biology, ecology, resource management)
- At least 12 years’ experience including work on large natural resource or infrastructure projects in Western Canada, including British Columbia, with experience managing a range of regulatory and permitting processes
- Proven track record in obtaining approvals including permits or management plans for major projects across multiple levels of government
- Experience conducting consultation with Indigenous Groups and demonstrated cultural agility
- Experience embedding environmental design requirements into engineering design and construction execution plans
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong organization skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and a heavy workload
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office)
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes and complex problem definition and resolution
- Shares knowledge readily and take the opportunity to educate others
- Available for business travel as required by company
- A valid driver’s license and passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC
- Experience working in the oil and gas sector or in developing large marine infrastructure projects in British Columbia
- Experience in an environmental role for a project owner/operator
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday