The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited (WLNG) is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
We are currently looking for a multi discipline Maintenance Supervisor to support the ongoing site maintenance and operation of our site, where our Project is located, which include Power House generation, Leachate Plant operations, mechanical, carpentry and affiliated support site structures.
- Perform daily operations and verification of operating systems checks on the Leachate Plant/Temp Plant and make required adjustments to equipment or materials as required to ensure environmental compliance
- Perform and monitor daily checks and complete required records and data on Power House Generator (1.6MW). Support shutdown startup duties on Pelton Wheel Generator, power house related electrical duties as required.
- Repair and perform water intake cleaning and maintenance work as required for both Woodfibre Creek/Mill Creek intake and flume water delivery systems
- Operation of site equipment (with required certification and training) such us skid steer, elevated work platform, light trucks and telehandler forklift in support of site activities as required.
- Perform general site duties such as waste removal, snow clearing , lawn mowing, fueling for gas- diesel, and general maintenance repairs as required to support the site
- Responsible for responding to emergency situations at site in event of incidents affecting site operations/security as required
- Ensure safety compliance to WLNG Occupational Health and Safety Program for all aspects of the work to be performed during maintenance/operational duties.
- Ensure compliance to WLNG Environmental Management Plans for leachate discharge, effluent, waste water etc. for compliance
- Perform and participate in WLNG safety culture programs as a leader overseeing duties and monitoring contractor’s performance.
- Attend and participate in daily tools box , daily plans, shutdowns
- Complete required daily reporting and records as required for monitoring and auditing compliance.
- Attend all required training courses and certifications related to ongoing and new works
- Over 10 years’ experience in construction with B.C Inter-provincial electrical Red Seal certification. Experience with High Voltage would be an asset. Ideal candidate would have mechanical background to support other required site duties.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to operate or be trained on site equipment, for example forklift, skid steer, aerial platform, power and hand tools specific to the site operations.
- Trained in areas such as confined space, work at height, first aid and incident command or be willing to be trained to specific site requirements
- Must be flexible to work split shifts and overtime as required to support maintenance and operational requirements
- Must be able to do some physical works as part of normal site duties
- Squamish Area resident or locally within 30 minutes’ drive is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with Marine type environment as site is remote and travel daily is by boat only
Please email your resume to [email protected] with subject heading Maintenance Supervisor.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted. Squamish Area residents are highly preferred.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.