The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is looking for a Junior Accountant based in our Vancouver office. The selected candidate will report directly to Senior Accountant and assist in collecting and maintaining financial data, ensuring financial records comply with lawful and accepted procedures and policies, and accuracy and efficiency.
The successful applicant will:
- Review accounts payable invoices to verify approval and contract alignment
- Prepare invoices for accounts receivable
- Coding and posting accounting documents
- Maintain accounting tracking worksheets and schedules
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Reconcile general ledger and adjust misstated transactions
- Initiate payments to vendors
- Maintain and file accounting documents and records
- Assist in preparing financial reports and consolidated financial statements
- Assist in preparing ETR report and tax returns
- Assist in completing audits.
- Experience in industry/manufacturing organization would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Familiarized with account software programs. SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Attention to detail and quick learner
- Highly organized, with effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Junior Accountant.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted. Vancouver area residents are highly preferred.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.