The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
We are currently looking for an Indigenous Groups Coordinator to join our Team!
In the role of Indigenous Groups Coordinator, you will be an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic regulatory team responsible for implementing the overarching regulatory, permitting and environmental compliance strategy for the Project. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Regulatory Manager and will support the development and execution of the project post-Environmental Assessment and throughout the construction phase of the Project. The successful applicant:
- Supports and tracks the implementation of company agreements and consultation requirements including Impact Benefit Agreements and the Squamish Nation Environmental Assessment Agreement.
- Facilitates the communication of information between the Indigenous Groups and Woodfibre LNG including participation in Environmental Working Groups;
- Manages various environmental tasks associated with the project and promotes participation of Indigenous Groups consistent with company commitments (level of task complexity is dependent on qualifications of the successful candidate);
- Works with environmental consultants conducting studies and field work and developing community environmental management plans for the Project;
- Assists with drafting internal and external letters and reports to ensure all notification and reporting deadlines are met;
- Assists in preparing for, participating in and developing records for meetings with, and presentations to, internal and external stakeholders;
- Leads data, file and correspondence management for consultation requirements for Woodfibre LNG’s Regulatory Team;
- Participates in implementing existing approvals and Woodfibre LNG’s compliance management system for tracking and demonstrating compliance with the Project’s regulatory and environmental commitments and conditions;
- Assists the Company’s activities towards its sustainability goals;
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to influence overall safety behavior and a culture of environmental compliance; demonstrates 100% compliance with company HSES policies and guidelines.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Degree in social sciences, environmental studies, natural resource management, geography, or related field of study. Suitable experience may also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong organization skills, ability to manage, track and record multiple tasks and a heavy workload;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office);
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks;
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes;
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development;
- Available for business travel as required by company; and
- A valid BC driver’s license and passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC and Indigenous Communities.
- Understanding of project processes and technical information including engineering and environmental information
- Experience working with Indigenous Nations in BC and/or communities across Canada
- Experience implementing consultation plans through participating in environmental assessment or environmental management processes for large natural resource or infrastructure projects in British Columbia;
- Experience in working for a project owner/operator;
- Experience in supporting implementation of Impact Benefit Agreements and Indigenous Group Consultation
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19