The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves constructing and operating a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
The Human Resources Generalist is integral to Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic team. You will be responsible for providing HR support in all the following areas: policy compliance, employee relations, compensation and benefits, payroll, performance management, training and development, systems administration, and records maintenance. As a Human Resources team member, the HR Generalist will provide broad generalist support to employees and the company on HR services and programs, including developing initiatives and programs that help support the organization’s goals. The successful candidate reports directly to the HR Manager. This position is based in the Houston Office and will be essential in keeping the company’s Project Management Team.
The successful applicant will:
- Support the HR function and employees in compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, and HR policies.
- Administer, process, and maintain confidential employee data in human resource information systems (HRIS) and payroll systems.
- Coordinate with payroll and benefits providers to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of employee updates, including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Responsible for employee onboarding and offboarding activities, including I-9 verification, new-hire induction, and exit process management.
- Assist with administering employee benefits programs, such as group health insurance and 401K plans.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommend best practices; review policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Assist HR manager with performance review process, budget preparation, and HR projects.
- Address employee queries and requests on a day-to-day basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field is preferred.
- 5 -7 years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
- SHRM-CP or working towards the designation is a plus.
- Prior knowledge and experience using Workday or other HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Work experience in a start-up or project-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities.
- Communication/interpersonal skills with all levels in the organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with various computer programs (e.g., Office 365, MS Teams, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US.
Please submit your application here.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.