The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is looking for a Government Relations Manager – Regulatory based in our Vancouver office. In the role of Government Relations Manager – Regulatory, you will be an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic Project Team responsible for developing and implementing government relations strategies at Municipal, Provincial and Federal levels. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Regulatory Manager to advance the Project through design and construction into operation post-Environmental Assessment.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead the development and implementation of government relations plans and strategies across three levels of government to support regulatory approvals and compliance for long term success
- Supports government-relations activities by enhancing positive relationships with senior civil servants to strengthen understanding of Woodfibre LNG and the LNG industry, and associated opportunities/strategic plans/issues
- Proactively builds, develops and maintains effective relationships with key internal stakeholders from across the organization including the Corporate Affairs Team Government Relations Manager and with external stakeholders, including government contacts.
- Monitor, analyze and report on emerging matters related to the legislative/regulatory aspects of the Project, including but not limited to policy, process and legislation
- Provide leadership and strategic advice to the Project Team with regard to matters related to Government Relations, including empowering other Team members to analyze issues and develop strategies to manage a positive outcome for the Company
- Monitors related policy and legislative/regulatory matters at the federal, provincial and municipal level, and provide strategic information and analysis for advocacy
- Maintain, or facilitates the maintenance of, engagement records and commitment registers
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to influence overall safety behavior and a culture of environmental compliance; demonstrates 100% compliance with company HSES policies and guidelines
- 10 years applicable experience in government relations / public affairs with 4 to 6 years at comparable level
- Working knowledge of natural resource sector including approval processes for major projects, preferably oil and gas focused
- Strong organization skills, ability to manage, track and record multiple tasks and a heavy workload
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office)
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks
- Energetic in the pursuit of continuous improvement processes
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development
- Available for business travel as required by company
- A valid BC driver’s license and passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC, Victoria BC and Ottawa, ON.
- Ability to initiate and drive deliverable forward while working in a team setting but able to operate independently
- Ability to influence outcomes while working with non-co-located teams
- Understanding of project processes and technical information including engineering and environmental information
- Experience in working for a project owner/operator and through construction phase
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Government Relations Manager – Regulatory.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted. Vancouver area residents are highly preferred.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.