The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Reporting to the Pacific Energy Group Business Controller, the Financial Controller is a key leader in the Company, managing the day-to-day cash-to-cash cycle, core accounting and financial reporting requirements for Woodfibre LNG. This position is primarily responsible for overall finance operations management to ensure timely and accurate financial results and effective financial controls. The Financial Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, manages the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, participates in the accounting and internal control systems, and guides and develops the accounting team.
The successful applicant will:
- Plan, implement and oversee the overall Finance & Accounting strategy.
- Manage and take responsibility for all accounting operations, including accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, budgeting, cash forecasting, taxes, reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity, etc.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting and control systems.
- Lead the internal and external auditing process.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Direct the development of annual operating plans, departmental budgets, monthly/quarterly forecasts, cost reduction initiatives/recommendations and financial analysis.
- Complete monthly closing cycles to properly reflect the Company’s financial position, profit & loss, capital base, and reporting.
- Lead the development and management of the annual budget and annual budgeting process; Provide financial analysis support/guidance to all line managers and directors. Monitor the financial policies, practices and procedures of the Company.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage, i.e., general commercial, credit, D&O and Cyber insurance policies in place.
- Review current processes and policies; identify operational inefficiencies and inaccuracies/errors; develop and implement process and policy improvements; develop/recommend and implement a robust system of internal controls.
- Ensure that the Company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage other special ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA, CA or CPA, CMA designation.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant leadership experience in a high-growth company.
- Experience in manufacturing, oil and gas, or a startup environment is highly advantageous.
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring team members.
- A high degree of accuracy, detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience leading a diverse team of Finance professionals.
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be innovative and vision-oriented with demonstrated ability to undertake strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities within tight time frames.
- Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g., MS Office).
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
- A valid driver’s licence and passport.
- As required, the position is based in Vancouver, BC, with travel to the EPC contractor’s office in Houston, Squamish (site), and others.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please submit your application here.
Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG employees based in, or working out of, the Vancouver office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with our COVID-19 Vaccination guideline as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request an accommodation from Woodfibre LNG.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.