The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre Management Ltd is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver and a subsidiary of Pacific Energy Corporation Limited.
Woodfibre LNG is seeking to fill the position of Fabrication Manager, reporting to the Project Manager Offshore. The successful candidate will manage the fabrication; support the installation of LNG plant modules, including the top sides and mooring structure fabrication for the marine terminal.
The Fabrication Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with relevant Project Managers and technical authorities to ensure that the design, procurement, construction and commissioning activities are aligned with the master project schedule.
- Act as the focal point of communication and coordination between internal technical experts and external contractors for fabricating structural elements and facility units.
- Have a strong working knowledge of construction contracts, inspection procedures and construction work sequences.
- Ensure implementation of applicable HSE and Quality systems in fabrication yards.
- Review and comment on EPC Contractor’s method statements, shop drawings, quality control plans, temporary work design, safety plans, etc., to ensure that the fabrication work complies with approved design, performance specifications and operational requirements.
- Manage and supervise the team to provide qualified supervision on quantity surveying, progress monitoring, quality control and safety monitoring throughout the process.
- Provide input into the project execution plan, HSSE management plan, quality management plan, interface management plan, construction execution plan and commissioning plan, and other key project plans and procedures.
- Ensure areas of responsibility meet company, oil and gas industry, and Canadian safety, regulatory, environmental and quality standards.
- Accountable for controlling the scope of work, risk management, change management, costs and schedule, and forecasting to deliver the project within budget and schedule for all areas of responsibility.
- Provide accurate reporting promptly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with LNG facilities.
- Experience with Asian fabrication yards.
- Experience in an operational LNG facility during the facility’s commissioning phase all through to the EPC Phase of the project.
- At least 15 years of direct supervisory experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proactive and able to balance technical decision-making with commercial considerations to protect the project goals, objectives, cost and schedule.
- Team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Willingness to relocate to China for fabrication activities, followed by British Columbia, Canada, for installation activities.
- Willingness to undertake global business travel when required.
- Willingness to see the project through from fabrication kickoff to project closeout.
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with the subject header Fabrication Manager.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Woodfibre Management Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer.