The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
We are currently looking for an Environmental Specialist to join our Team!
In the role of Environmental Specialist, you will be an integral part of Woodfibre LNG’s dynamic regulatory team responsible for implementing the overarching regulatory, permitting and environmental compliance strategy for the Project. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Regulatory Manager and will support the development and execution of the project post-Environmental Assessment and throughout the construction phase of the Project. The successful applicant:
- Lead the construction monitoring activities associated with project execution including pre-construction activities
- Collaborates with construction teams to plan activities in compliance with project permits and environmental management requirements.
- Responsible for the review of construction scopes against regulatory requirements, commitments, permit conditions, and Environmental Management Requirements
- Review and provide input into scopes of work, bid packages and contractor environmental protection plans and method statements.
- Monitor compliance to permit conditions, legal requirements and Environmental Management Requirements through data collection, records management field inspections, focused assessments and audits.
- Support execution contractor with investigations of environmental incidents.
- Participate in the site environmental sampling programs
- Works independently and in a cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Participates in the development of standards, guidelines and program execution as they relate to Environmental policies, procedures, standards
- Interacts and interfaces with contractors, consultants and Indigenous Monitors Assists the Company’s activities towards its sustainability goals;
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to influence overall safety behavior and a culture of environmental compliance; demonstrates 100% compliance with company HSES policies and guidelines.
- Degree in environmental science, biology, or related field of study and 8 years applicable experience. Suitable experience may also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal environmental regulations.
- Willingness to work safely outside on site in all weathers
- Strong and demonstrated experience implementing and comply with project permits and environmental management requirements.
- Strong organization skills, ability to manage, track and record multiple tasks and a heavy workload;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office);
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks;
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes;
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development;
- Available for business travel as required by company; and
- A valid BC driver’s license and passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC and Indigenous Communities.
- Experience in marine, water, wildlife and contaminated soils management during construction phase of major project
- Previous working experience on large natural resource or infrastructure projects
- Excellent skills in project management, technical writing, construction planning and execution monitoring
- Experience working with Indigenous Groups in BC and/or communities across Canada
- Experience in working for a project owner/operator and through construction phase
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Environmental Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.