The Woodfibre LNG Project is located approximately 7 km west-southwest of Squamish, British Columbia. It involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility on the previous Woodfibre pulp mill site, which would have a storage capacity of 250,000 m3 and would produce approximately 2.1 million tonnes per year of LNG.
Woodfibre LNG Limited is a privately held Canadian company based in Vancouver, and a subsidiary of Pacific Oil & Gas Limited.
We are currently looking for an Environmental Compliance and Systems Specialist to join our Team!
In the role of Environmental Compliance and Systems Specialist, you will be working to develop and monitor the overall Project environmental compliance program. In this role, the successful candidate will take ownership for the development and execution of project environmental compliance planning, along with supporting systems and their implementation. Reporting to the Senior Regulatory Manager, the successful applicant:
- Leads the development and implementation of a compliance management plan to track Project regulatory and environmental commitments, including EA commitments, permit commitments, legislative requirements and other commitments made by the Company
- Authors and implements procedures and protocols necessary to meet compliance requirements.
- Manages and works with consultants, contractors and external parties to promote compliance, and proactively identifies and resolve compliance risks
- Establishes and implements data and records management processes to meet compliance tracking and reporting requirements
- Manages the development and filing of compliance reports consistent with applicable requirements
- Proactively promotes and tracks regulatory compliance and compliance risk across departments
- Establishes appropriate interfaces with project and corporate resources including the EPC contractor, securing their participation and compliance with applicable permits, commitments, policies and procedures
- Advises team members on compliance requirements and provides input to other processes including engineering and Corporate Affairs
- Conducts internal audits, reporting and collaboratively develops corrective actions
- Provides leadership through a personal commitment to influence overall safety behavior; demonstrates 100% compliance with company HSES policies and guidelines
- Degree or Diploma qualifications relevant for the position (environmental biology, ecology, engineering, resource management, or related environmental discipline) and over 10 years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience in BC environmental regulatory and compliance management (5 to 7 years in similar role with increasing seniority) for large natural resources or infrastructure projects
- Experience developing and implementing Environmental Management Systems including those consistent with ISO14001 or similar established industry practices
- Experience with internal or external environmental auditing with ISO14001 would be an asset
- Experience interpreting and applying provincial and federal Environmental Assessment approvals would be an asset
- Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors
- Proven ability to work with a culturally diverse group of people including Indigenous Groups with a cooperative team-orientated approach
- Familiar with typical environmental management plans, community plans and implementation plans to meet Environmental Assessment commitments; familiar with consultation requirements and processes as part of successful plan implementation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and a heavy workload
- Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office)
- Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks
- Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes
- Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development
- Available for business travel as required by company
- A valid BC driver’s license and passport – this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC
Please email your resume to [email protected] – with subject header Environmental Compliance and Systems Specialist.
Thank you in advance for your interest! Please note only qualified candidates with work authorization in Canada will be contacted.
Woodfibre LNG Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.